Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Crysis 1 Graphics Mods?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 11, 2012 12:35:14 AM

Hey, So I just purchased Crysis 1, and was wondering what mods I should use to get Crysis the best looking. As long as I stay above 30 FPS is all I am concerned, because my eyesight isn't the best and I can't distinguish between 30fps and 60fps. Im thinking of getting Rygel's Texture pack. Can anyone point me in the right direction for graphics mods and if possible links as well?

Many Thanks

JJ1217

More about : crysis graphics mods

Best solution

July 11, 2012 1:12:30 AM

JJ1217 said:
Hey, So I just purchased Crysis 1, and was wondering what mods I should use to get Crysis the best looking. As long as I stay above 30 FPS is all I am concerned, because my eyesight isn't the best and I can't distinguish between 30fps and 60fps. Im thinking of getting Rygel's Texture pack. Can anyone point me in the right direction for graphics mods and if possible links as well?

Many Thanks

JJ1217



Here's my personal preference for graphics:

You merely drop these .pak files into your /Crysis/Game folder


Rygel's (this is the big one)
www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?t=67342

You need to apply a fix to the Rygel pack:
-Open zzTexturesupdatepart1.pak (you can use WinRar or 7-Zip)
-Browse to Objects/natural/Bushes/RoundLeafBush and delete Leaves_a.dds



Slicer's Pak:
Textures:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ruq16un7fnga54u
Objects:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ed1vdiuc2y7zqr3


Rocks (don't forget this one.....Crysis rocks are horrible without it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?hceb7tah3qe97bl

This file starts with zz_ , and you need to add another z to the beginning, so that it's zzz_

Silent's High-Res Foliage:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o69a2tojg7socd1

This file starts with zz_ , and you need to add another z to the beginning, so that it's zzz_



XZero's water shader:
http://www.mediafire.com/?st832gy8q1udjcs


New Weapon Skins:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ghq7g4hh9f5gt5t


XZero's POM/AF Global Ambient Lighting mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzgd32gml24k4q5

After dropping this .pak into your ...\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game folder like the rest of the pak files, you'll need to delete the "ShaderCache.pak" file, and you'll also need to go to My Documents\My Games\Crysis and delete the "Shaders" folder. This will cause the shaders to recompile the next time you start the game, so don't freak out when you load up a level and there's basically nothing there but some blank surfaces and models for awhile.


You'll want a good custom config. If you're unaware of what this is, it is merely a text file you call "autoexec.cfg" and place in your Crytek/Crysis folder. I jump around a lot on the one I prefer, but the Helder Pinto v1.3 is always a good choice.

http://www.helderpinto.com/very-high-quality-costum-con...


There are a lot of different ToD (time-of-day) mods. ToD essentially covers the entire lighting / color scheme of the game, so it can have a MAJOR impact. There really isn't one that I prefer the most, because I don't really think any of them are 100% great yet. If you like a very natural look, the "Natural Mod" is a great choice, but if you want everything to be really sharp and pop, with some unique dof settings, try RealLifesis or Reli2 (I can't get Reli2 to work, but most people love it).


There are a few more things I'll add in a bit, but I need to track them down. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to help!
Share
July 11, 2012 1:37:16 AM

Wow Thanks a bunch for putting time and effort into that! Really appreciate it.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 11, 2012 1:56:28 AM

JJ1217 said:
Wow Thanks a bunch for putting time and effort into that! Really appreciate it.



No problem. Crysis is one of my favorite games in life, so I've done a lot of tinkering with it.
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 10:46:00 AM

Best answer selected by JJ1217.
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 10:52:29 AM

Okay, one minor problem is with the autoexec.cfg is I don't know where to put it. I chose to download the Extreme Quality one. Also with the Slicer's Pak one, the link seems to be broken, but I'll still find one that works. Thanks.
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 11:42:19 AM

JJ1217 said:
Okay, one minor problem is with the autoexec.cfg is I don't know where to put it. I chose to download the Extreme Quality one. Also with the Slicer's Pak one, the link seems to be broken, but I'll still find one that works. Thanks.


I really like Extreme Quality....it has a soft glow to it. It also runs really well.

Place the autoexec.cfg file in your /Crytek/Crysis directory.

If you want to test to see whether or not it worked: When you get to the Crysis menu in-game, hit the tilde key (~) and it will bring up the console. If it ran you'll see a whole bunch of those commands in that file in bright green letters. And remember, you can edit any of the values in that file.

For example, if you think it's too dark or contrasted, just open up the autoexec.cfg file and adjust this value to suit your preference:

r_SSAO_darkening=1.1


Another thing to note, if you use turn on the AA in Crysis's in-game menu, it will override your autoexec's specification for EdgeAA. You will get a much better framerate if you just leave the in-game AA off and use the autoexec's EdgeAA. It does a pretty good job as well.



Also: some people have trouble starting the game if they throw all these .pak files in there at one time. You may need to put in a few .paks at a time, starting the game between putting in the .pak files.


Bummer about Slicer's pack.....these links are always going up and down (annoying.)


Also, if you don't want to watch all those intel / crytek / intro vids and ads when you start up the game, just go into Crytek/Crysis/Game/Localized/Video and delete anything that looks like an intro video (there's several.....most of them start with "Intro" or "Trailer_").
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 12:03:59 PM

Sweet I have all the mods except Rygels (i'll download during night because I only have a 1.5 mbit/s connection.) Thanks alot for your help Crysis looks very nice now, can't wait to see its awesomeness with the Rygel texture pack.
m
0
l
May 10, 2013 9:33:22 PM

Stringjam said:
JJ1217 said:
Hey, So I just purchased Crysis 1, and was wondering what mods I should use to get Crysis the best looking. As long as I stay above 30 FPS is all I am concerned, because my eyesight isn't the best and I can't distinguish between 30fps and 60fps. Im thinking of getting Rygel's Texture pack. Can anyone point me in the right direction for graphics mods and if possible links as well?

Many Thanks

JJ1217



Here's my personal preference for graphics:

You merely drop these .pak files into your /Crysis/Game folder


Rygel's (this is the big one)
www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?t=67342

You need to apply a fix to the Rygel pack:
-Open zzTexturesupdatepart1.pak (you can use WinRar or 7-Zip)
-Browse to Objects/natural/Bushes/RoundLeafBush and delete Leaves_a.dds



Slicer's Pak:
Textures:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ruq16un7fnga54u
Objects:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ed1vdiuc2y7zqr3


Rocks (don't forget this one.....Crysis rocks are horrible without it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?hceb7tah3qe97bl

This file starts with zz_ , and you need to add another z to the beginning, so that it's zzz_

Silent's High-Res Foliage:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o69a2tojg7socd1

This file starts with zz_ , and you need to add another z to the beginning, so that it's zzz_



XZero's water shader:
http://www.mediafire.com/?st832gy8q1udjcs


New Weapon Skins:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ghq7g4hh9f5gt5t


XZero's POM/AF Global Ambient Lighting mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzgd32gml24k4q5

After dropping this .pak into your ...\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game folder like the rest of the pak files, you'll need to delete the "ShaderCache.pak" file, and you'll also need to go to My Documents\My Games\Crysis and delete the "Shaders" folder. This will cause the shaders to recompile the next time you start the game, so don't freak out when you load up a level and there's basically nothing there but some blank surfaces and models for awhile.


You'll want a good custom config. If you're unaware of what this is, it is merely a text file you call "autoexec.cfg" and place in your Crytek/Crysis folder. I jump around a lot on the one I prefer, but the Helder Pinto v1.3 is always a good choice.

http://www.helderpinto.com/very-high-quality-costum-con...


There are a lot of different ToD (time-of-day) mods. ToD essentially covers the entire lighting / color scheme of the game, so it can have a MAJOR impact. There really isn't one that I prefer the most, because I don't really think any of them are 100% great yet. If you like a very natural look, the "Natural Mod" is a great choice, but if you want everything to be really sharp and pop, with some unique dof settings, try RealLifesis or Reli2 (I can't get Reli2 to work, but most people love it).


There are a few more things I'll add in a bit, but I need to track them down. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to help!


Hey Awsome Work you have done... i just bought a EVGA geforce GTX 660 FTW Signature 2. I wanted to try crysis out since i have nt played it on maxed out settings before. So i found this topic (Thanks a lot for that :D ) i did everything above. except for slicers pack cause the links are down. But I having a problem, whenever i start the game after pressing any key the screen blanks out and the game crashes :(  please help
m
0
l
May 11, 2013 1:34:11 PM

Muzzamil Dina said:

Hey Awsome Work you have done... i just bought a EVGA geforce GTX 660 FTW Signature 2. I wanted to try crysis out since i have nt played it on maxed out settings before. So i found this topic (Thanks a lot for that :D ) i did everything above. except for slicers pack cause the links are down. But I having a problem, whenever i start the game after pressing any key the screen blanks out and the game crashes :(  please help


This is a very OLD thread! I updated some Crysis modding instructions quite a good bit ago here.....this also gives much better results than the old info in this thread.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/126890-13-crysis-mods...

I'm not sure about your problem, but when modding any game, I always like to start the game and load a level after every modification to the files. When something breaks, you know exactly what did it that way.

There are also a few new mod packs available from CryDev.net. Crysis Expanded looks very good and has a one-click installation. It's a killer, though!!! Lots of new particle effects and tons of added vegetation. I have to say, it looks stellar.

m
0
l
May 11, 2013 11:08:05 PM

ok thanks a lot ..i will give a look at your other thread
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 12:12:00 PM

Stringjam said:
JJ1217 said:
Hey, So I just purchased Crysis 1, and was wondering what mods I should use to get Crysis the best looking. As long as I stay above 30 FPS is all I am concerned, because my eyesight isn't the best and I can't distinguish between 30fps and 60fps. Im thinking of getting Rygel's Texture pack. Can anyone point me in the right direction for graphics mods and if possible links as well?

Many Thanks
will these mods run well if i turn aa and everything else max? i have a 7770 ghz, fx 6300, and 8gb of 1600 ram. Thanks

JJ1217



Here's my personal preference for graphics:

You merely drop these .pak files into your /Crysis/Game folder


Rygel's (this is the big one)
www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?t=67342

You need to apply a fix to the Rygel pack:
-Open zzTexturesupdatepart1.pak (you can use WinRar or 7-Zip)
-Browse to Objects/natural/Bushes/RoundLeafBush and delete Leaves_a.dds



Slicer's Pak:
Textures:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ruq16un7fnga54u
Objects:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ed1vdiuc2y7zqr3


Rocks (don't forget this one.....Crysis rocks are horrible without it)
http://www.mediafire.com/?hceb7tah3qe97bl

This file starts with zz_ , and you need to add another z to the beginning, so that it's zzz_

Silent's High-Res Foliage:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o69a2tojg7socd1

This file starts with zz_ , and you need to add another z to the beginning, so that it's zzz_



XZero's water shader:
http://www.mediafire.com/?st832gy8q1udjcs


New Weapon Skins:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ghq7g4hh9f5gt5t


XZero's POM/AF Global Ambient Lighting mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzgd32gml24k4q5

After dropping this .pak into your ...\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game folder like the rest of the pak files, you'll need to delete the "ShaderCache.pak" file, and you'll also need to go to My Documents\My Games\Crysis and delete the "Shaders" folder. This will cause the shaders to recompile the next time you start the game, so don't freak out when you load up a level and there's basically nothing there but some blank surfaces and models for awhile.


You'll want a good custom config. If you're unaware of what this is, it is merely a text file you call "autoexec.cfg" and place in your Crytek/Crysis folder. I jump around a lot on the one I prefer, but the Helder Pinto v1.3 is always a good choice.

http://www.helderpinto.com/very-high-quality-costum-con...


There are a lot of different ToD (time-of-day) mods. ToD essentially covers the entire lighting / color scheme of the game, so it can have a MAJOR impact. There really isn't one that I prefer the most, because I don't really think any of them are 100% great yet. If you like a very natural look, the "Natural Mod" is a great choice, but if you want everything to be really sharp and pop, with some unique dof settings, try RealLifesis or Reli2 (I can't get Reli2 to work, but most people love it).


There are a few more things I'll add in a bit, but I need to track them down. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to help!


m
0
l
November 10, 2013 12:13:26 PM

will a 7770 ghz, fx 6300, and 8gb of 1600 ram work with this mods maxed with no aa or vsync? thanks!
m
0
l
!