Get the found new hardware message every time I reboot

I get the found new hardware message every time I reboot
and then it finds my Hp Laserjet 5 and then it says can't
install correctly and goes to finish. I have gone thru
printers and faxes and added the printer and it works
fine. I still get the found new hardware wizard I found
the article that says to go into the registry and delete
lptenum key. I have tried this several times and it
won't let me delete the key. Please advise as to what I
do next?

This article might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298370
The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
the Computer

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Twila" <twilad@kk-cpa.com> wrote in message
> I get the found new hardware message every time I reboot
> and then it finds my Hp Laserjet 5 and then it says can't
> install correctly and goes to finish. I have gone thru
> printers and faxes and added the printer and it works
> fine. I still get the found new hardware wizard I found
> the article that says to go into the registry and delete
> lptenum key. I have tried this several times and it
> won't let me delete the key. Please advise as to what I
> do next?

TRENDING THREADS