GTA IV and an i5 3570k

Can GTA IV run well on an i5 3750k @ 3.4 GHZ?

Thanks in advance
11 answers Last reply
More about 3570k
  1. The CPU is fine no problem at all. It is the the video card that you have got to make sure it is a good one too. Your CPU is fine no worries on it.
  2. Going with a NVIDIA GTX 560ti 2G
  3. Then you are good to go and you do have a PSU that is 500w or better?
  4. 850 Corsair PSU. Also I have 8GB RAM
  5. the cpu is powerful and can handle the heavy process with the gtx560 so yes you can run it fine on max settings plus with graphics mods :)
  6. DM186 said:
    The CPU is fine no problem at all. It is the the video card that you have got to make sure it is a good one too. Your CPU is fine no worries on it.

Actually GTA 4 doesn't rely much on the graphic card...because it is badly optimized for the PC. I have check the graphic usage in the setting and stuff.

GTA 4 runs better on 4 cores.
  7. Hmm. Well I have looked around and other people are saying that the i5 3750k runs the game just fine. Plus Intel quad cores are extremely expensive.

Thanks for your input though

EDIT: Well I decided to spend the extra cash and go for the i7 3770k. I'm basically just building my rig to play and mod GTA and a few other games so I thought the extra power wouldn't hurt anything.
  8. modder234 said:
    EDIT: Well I decided to spend the extra cash and go for the i7 3770k. I'm basically just building my rig to play and mod GTA and a few other games so I thought the extra power wouldn't hurt anything.

You'll do perfectly fine with the i5 3750k @ 3.4 GHZ. Really no need for the i7. Heck, even an i5 2500k is a good enough CPU. Both the i5's have good overclocking capabilities.

You could however, save up the extra cash and put it into the GPU budget for a better GPU (though even the 560ti is pretty good in itself).
  9. i7s are no better than i5s for gaming
  10. Staying with the i5 is the better choice. With my i7 I only us about 40% of it on load. The i7 is not only for gaming but a wide area of programs that has nothing to do with gaming.

If I had know that at the time of this build I wouldn't have bought it and put the extra cash into my GPU's. So If all you are going to do is game then stay with the i5 and it is a quad core as the i7 is but the i7 has 8 threads.

So save the money and get put it into a GPU or even two of them.
  11. DM186 said:
    Staying with the i5 is the better choice. With my i7 I only us about 40% of it on load. The i7 is not only for gaming but a wide area of programs that has nothing to do with gaming.

If I had know that at the time of this build I wouldn't have bought it and put the extra cash into my GPU's. So If all you are going to do is game then stay with the i5 and it is a quad core as the i7 is but the i7 has 8 threads.

So save the money and get put it into a GPU or even two of them.

what he said ^^^ games are more reliant on gpu rather than cpu so spend like £150 on the cpu then £200 on gpu, but you can always add another gpu card...
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Intel i5 Video Games