GTA IV and an i5 3570k

addzy94

Distinguished
May 27, 2011

Actually GTA 4 doesn't rely much on the graphic card...because it is badly optimized for the PC. I have check the graphic usage in the setting and stuff.

GTA 4 runs better on 4 cores.

modder234

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Hmm. Well I have looked around and other people are saying that the i5 3750k runs the game just fine. Plus Intel quad cores are extremely expensive.

Thanks for your input though

EDIT: Well I decided to spend the extra cash and go for the i7 3770k. I'm basically just building my rig to play and mod GTA and a few other games so I thought the extra power wouldn't hurt anything.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

You'll do perfectly fine with the i5 3750k @ 3.4 GHZ. Really no need for the i7. Heck, even an i5 2500k is a good enough CPU. Both the i5's have good overclocking capabilities.

You could however, save up the extra cash and put it into the GPU budget for a better GPU (though even the 560ti is pretty good in itself).

DM186

Splendid
Staying with the i5 is the better choice. With my i7 I only us about 40% of it on load. The i7 is not only for gaming but a wide area of programs that has nothing to do with gaming.

If I had know that at the time of this build I wouldn't have bought it and put the extra cash into my GPU's. So If all you are going to do is game then stay with the i5 and it is a quad core as the i7 is but the i7 has 8 threads.

So save the money and get put it into a GPU or even two of them.

spat55

Distinguished

what he said ^^^ games are more reliant on gpu rather than cpu so spend like £150 on the cpu then £200 on gpu, but you can always add another gpu card...