alert in checkpoint using blat doesn't work

NoOne

Hi all,

I am setting up alerting in the checkpoint firewall (latest version with
AI). The management server is on a windows 2003 machine, thus, I have
installed blat in it and used "blat -" (stdin mode) to set up the alert.
However, it doesn't work. I checked the task manager in the win2003 and
didn't even see that blat process being executed when testing against
the rule that executes the alert. I hope someone here can enlighten me.
Thanks.

Hopefully you are talking about version R55? versions prior to R55
(including R54) will not work correctly on Windows 2003.

"noone" <noname@noone.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am setting up alerting in the checkpoint firewall (latest version with
> AI). The management server is on a windows 2003 machine, thus, I have
> installed blat in it and used "blat -" (stdin mode) to set up the alert.
> However, it doesn't work. I checked the task manager in the win2003 and
> didn't even see that blat process being executed when testing against
> the rule that executes the alert. I hope someone here can enlighten me.
> Thanks.

---

Yes, I am using R55, running the mgt server on Win2003, while the
firewall enforcement engine on Solaris. I just can't make blat work.
There is no port 25 connection being established from the mgt server to
the mail server.

Besides blat, I tried to use its internal_send_mail, but it didn't work
either, even though I saw a port 25 connection, but no mail sent out.

Hope you guys out here can advise. (I have worked with both mgt and
firewall server on a Solaris, and it works perfectly fine with solaris'
mail/mailx.)

Thanks.

"no_spam@no_spam.com" <no_spam@no_spam.com> wrote in

> Yes, I am using R55, running the mgt server on Win2003, while the
> firewall enforcement engine on Solaris. I just can't make blat work.
> There is no port 25 connection being established from the mgt server
> to the mail server.
>
> Besides blat, I tried to use its internal_send_mail, but it didn't
> work either, even though I saw a port 25 connection, but no mail sent
> out.
>
> Hope you guys out here can advise. (I have worked with both mgt and
> firewall server on a Solaris, and it works perfectly fine with
> solaris' mail/mailx.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Beoweolf wrote:
>> Hopefully you are talking about version R55? versions prior to R55
>> (including R54) will not work correctly on Windows 2003.
>>
>> "noone" <noname@noone.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I am setting up alerting in the checkpoint firewall (latest version
>>>with AI). The management server is on a windows 2003 machine, thus, I
>>>have installed blat in it and used "blat -" (stdin mode) to set up
>>>the alert. However, it doesn't work. I checked the task manager in
>>>the win2003 and didn't even see that blat process being executed when
>>>testing against the rule that executes the alert. I hope someone here
>>>can enlighten me. Thanks.
>>

>> ---

Have you tried to run blat from the command line to see if it works from
there? You might at least get to see any error message blat is issueing.

also, did you run blat -install to set up the default mail gw and source
email addy?

NoOne

i think i made it work.. it needed the full path
(c:\windows\system32\blat.exe ...) to work.. thought windows\system32 is
already in the windows path environment...