Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Witcher 2 Tips anyone?

Last response: in Video Games
July 11, 2012 2:44:58 PM

So I've been playing the Witcher 2. Loving it. I'm almost at the end of Chapter 1. However I've been playing it on Easy difficulty. I'm a pretty experienced gamer (ok not so much in rpg's) and normally play games on 'Normal' difficulty.

However in the Witcher 2 I get my arse kicked on Normal. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I load up on potions, upgrade my sword if I can. I've got decent armour etc but when I get to fighting on Normal mode I die pretty easily. Like when you fight the Kingslayer assassin for the first time. I couldn't put a scratch on him on Normal difficulty.. Anyone got any tips? I'm enjoying it on Easy but it's almost too easy now when it comes to fighting, I just keep hacking and slashing and then die

Also do you only acquire Talent points to spend when you level up? Is there any other way to get them?

Cheers.

More about : witcher tips

July 11, 2012 2:53:46 PM

Sorry I can't help but I also have to play it on easy when I play all other games on normal.
m
l
July 11, 2012 2:57:32 PM

simon12 said:
Sorry I can't help but I also have to play it on easy when I play all other games on normal.

Ah ok. Thanks. Least I know I'm not the only one.
m
l
Related resources
July 11, 2012 5:30:57 PM

Got this game a few weeks ago after all the recommendations, but it has been collecting virtual dust on my desktop.

I'm still trying to get used to the controls. Played the tutorial twice and only the first 10 minutes of the game lol.

After playing too much Diablo 3, it's weird having to use the WASD keys again hehe. Also, I don't know how to strafe. I'm so used to using the Q and E keys to strafe and keep my POV on the target while fighting. And targeting, that takes a little getting used to also. Because of D3, I've become a dumbed down gamer since Witcher 2 seemingly has A LOT more ways at your disposal to damage your target.

I'm not complaining though--it's more so that I haven't given the game a thorough chance to get acclimated since I'm still addicted to D3. Soon.
m
l
July 11, 2012 5:45:57 PM

BlueberryCake said:
Got this game a few weeks ago after all the recommendations, but it has been collecting virtual dust on my desktop.

I'm still trying to get used to the controls. Played the tutorial twice and only the first 10 minutes of the game lol.

After playing too much Diablo 3, it's weird having to use the WASD keys again hehe. Also, I don't know how to strafe. I'm so used to using the Q and E keys to strafe and keep my POV on the target while fighting. And targeting, that takes a little getting used to also. Because of D3, I've become a dumbed down gamer since Witcher 2 seemingly has A LOT more ways at your disposal to damage your target.

I'm not complaining though--it's more so that I haven't given the game a thorough chance to get acclimated since I'm still addicted to D3. Soon.

Ah I use a gamepad for it. From reading forums I know that some people prefer keyboard/mouse because it's quicker for accessing your inventory etc. However I'm fine with the gamepad. It feels like combat would be much easier on the gamepad. It feels quite natural for the gameplay imo.
m
l

Best solution

July 12, 2012 1:05:17 PM

When you are in a battle you have to understand the way your opponent is fighting and when and where he does some actions like throwing bombs, casting spells etc. When you understand your opponent's movements and actions try to find the exact time that he is unprotected and hit him fast and then leave. Remember that Geralt isn't a tank or something and he wasn't created to be one. Geralt is a quick assassin that must dodge the enemies' attacks and hit them the right time. You have to find a combination when you hit them so they won't attack you, like casting the aard sign to knock them back after doing 2 or 3 hits with your swords. Play safe and remember that Geralt isn't a tank but a fast vulnerable assassin.
July 12, 2012 3:06:12 PM

he's not an assassin, he's witcher! :p 

anyways, if i recall correctly there were some alchemy pots that increased your defense, plus there's a dodge and interrupt mechanic.
m
l
July 13, 2012 1:29:45 PM

Best answer selected by octoberhungry.
m
l
July 13, 2012 9:30:05 PM

octoberhungry said:
So I've been playing the Witcher 2. Loving it. I'm almost at the end of Chapter 1. However I've been playing it on Easy difficulty. I'm a pretty experienced gamer (ok not so much in rpg's) and normally play games on 'Normal' difficulty.

However in the Witcher 2 I get my arse kicked on Normal. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I load up on potions, upgrade my sword if I can. I've got decent armour etc but when I get to fighting on Normal mode I die pretty easily. Like when you fight the Kingslayer assassin for the first time. I couldn't put a scratch on him on Normal difficulty.. Anyone got any tips? I'm enjoying it on Easy but it's almost too easy now when it comes to fighting, I just keep hacking and slashing and then die

Also do you only acquire Talent points to spend when you level up? Is there any other way to get them?

Cheers.

Well i have played Witcher 2 almost upto 4th chapter ,but i gave up becoz the difficulty level was just too much for me ( on NORMAL Difficulty).
i enjoyed the most of the game but eventually i got stuck at a point and i gave up.This is a motherfu**** tough game.

but killing the kingslayer was easy for me ,very easy.I think the key point in this game is that u have got to have a controller , it becomes really easier to control.

And talking about the Kingslayer , i forgot that one but here's a link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM3Fdr_UPYo
m
l
!