Printer stop working after installing SP2

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have two printers an old Epson LX810 & Canon S450, both
printers will no longer work. The Epson is connected to
the LPT1 while the Canon is USB. The error message
indicates no response from printer. BOTH printers worked
corectley before SP2 and now I cannot get either to work
even by UN-INSTALLING SP2. Tried updating the drivers, no
change. Deleted the printers and re-installed, no change.
Ideas??

Possibly worth trying if you have some time:

Use the URL above. Check the suggestions there to make sure the old
drivers are completely removed. Apply SP2. Get the fix mentioned in the
MSKB article and apply it according to the instructions. Reinstall the
Canon 450 using the latest drivers. Do not attach it to the computer
until the instructions say.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I have two printers an old Epson LX810 & Canon S450, both
: printers will no longer work. The Epson is connected to
: the LPT1 while the Canon is USB. The error message
: indicates no response from printer. BOTH printers worked
: corectley before SP2 and now I cannot get either to work
: even by UN-INSTALLING SP2. Tried updating the drivers, no
: change. Deleted the printers and re-installed, no change.
: Ideas??

kiki

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

I had this same problem. To fix I just went into control panel, users, set
all users to administrator, restart my computer, viola! Then go back and
change back users to limited. Hope this helps you. It took me forever to
figure this out, and I too removed and reinstalled my printer...frustrating
when the fix was so easy!