Printer stop working after installing SP2

I have two printers an old Epson LX810 & Canon S450, both
printers will no longer work. The Epson is connected to
the LPT1 while the Canon is USB. The error message
indicates no response from printer. BOTH printers worked
corectley before SP2 and now I cannot get either to work
even by UN-INSTALLING SP2. Tried updating the drivers, no
change. Deleted the printers and re-installed, no change.
Ideas??
2 answers Last reply
More about printer stop working installing

    Possibly worth trying if you have some time:

    Use the URL above. Check the suggestions there to make sure the old
    drivers are completely removed. Apply SP2. Get the fix mentioned in the
    MSKB article and apply it according to the instructions. Reinstall the
    Canon 450 using the latest drivers. Do not attach it to the computer
    until the instructions say.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    :I have two printers an old Epson LX810 & Canon S450, both
    : printers will no longer work. The Epson is connected to
    : the LPT1 while the Canon is USB. The error message
    : indicates no response from printer. BOTH printers worked
    : corectley before SP2 and now I cannot get either to work
    : even by UN-INSTALLING SP2. Tried updating the drivers, no
    : change. Deleted the printers and re-installed, no change.
    : Ideas??

    I had this same problem. To fix I just went into control panel, users, set
    all users to administrator, restart my computer, viola! Then go back and
    change back users to limited. Hope this helps you. It took me forever to
    figure this out, and I too removed and reinstalled my printer...frustrating
    when the fix was so easy!

    "John" wrote:

    > I have two printers an old Epson LX810 & Canon S450, both
    > printers will no longer work. The Epson is connected to
    > the LPT1 while the Canon is USB. The error message
    > indicates no response from printer. BOTH printers worked
    > corectley before SP2 and now I cannot get either to work
    > even by UN-INSTALLING SP2. Tried updating the drivers, no
    > change. Deleted the printers and re-installed, no change.
    > Ideas??

Epson Canon Printers Windows XP