LG VX6000 says "service required"

Last response: in Network Providers
March 6, 2005 12:14:26 AM

I turn on my phone and all it says is "Service Required." I didn't
change anything in the system menus that made it do that. Any
suggestions how to fix it?
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 8:19:47 AM

optimatravel@gmail.com wrote:
> I turn on my phone and all it says is "Service Required." I didn't
> change anything in the system menus that made it do that. Any
> suggestions how to fix it?

Take it in to be serviced.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 12:29:05 AM

In article <1110086066.285463.154850@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<optimatravel@gmail.com> wrote:

> I turn on my phone and all it says is "Service Required." I didn't
> change anything in the system menus that made it do that. Any
> suggestions how to fix it?

Maybe the memory got erased somehow? I'd try dialing *228 (activation)
and hit option 1 to program it, if it'll let you get that far. Worth a
shot, anyway.

Otherwise, I'd say it requires service (?) -- bring it to a VZW
corporate store.

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=

did that today, was in the store for an hour and a half. but then they
hit a little snag cause i took it to a store 800 miles away from where
i got the phone. they tried everything they knew, reloading the os and
what not, but it was dead. but i got a cool new 6100, but they couldn't
activate it. so i was on the phone for another half hour and kinda had
a conference call with customer service and a manager but finally got
it to work. all in all i'm pretty happy.
!