LG VX6000 says "service required"

I turn on my phone and all it says is "Service Required." I didn't
change anything in the system menus that made it do that. Any
suggestions how to fix it?
3 answers Last reply
More about vx6000 service required

    optimatravel@gmail.com wrote:
    > I turn on my phone and all it says is "Service Required." I didn't
    > change anything in the system menus that made it do that. Any
    > suggestions how to fix it?

    Take it in to be serviced.

    In article <1110086066.285463.154850@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    <optimatravel@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I turn on my phone and all it says is "Service Required." I didn't
    > change anything in the system menus that made it do that. Any
    > suggestions how to fix it?

    Maybe the memory got erased somehow? I'd try dialing *228 (activation)
    and hit option 1 to program it, if it'll let you get that far. Worth a
    shot, anyway.

    Otherwise, I'd say it requires service (?) -- bring it to a VZW
    corporate store.

    --
    Garner R. Miller
    Clifton Park, NY =USA=

    did that today, was in the store for an hour and a half. but then they
    hit a little snag cause i took it to a store 800 miles away from where
    i got the phone. they tried everything they knew, reloading the os and
    what not, but it was dead. but i got a cool new 6100, but they couldn't
    activate it. so i was on the phone for another half hour and kinda had
    a conference call with customer service and a manager but finally got
    it to work. all in all i'm pretty happy.

Verizon LG Internet Service Providers