Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Arma 2 vs Ghost Recon ?

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2012 9:26:57 AM

Hi all.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was one of my most favorate games ever.
When I heard about Ghost Recon Future Soldier, I got it quickly.
Big mistake!
After playing for the first minute, I notice this is a completely different game - 3rd person like Gears of War.
Graphics where impressie, but there was no way to configure the playing style to what I was used to - 1st person, move out to a larger area, clear zones, etc. 3rd person worked well for GTA3,4 but not at Ghost- just can't get used to it.

So, what is the best version of Ghost Recon that keeps the original gameplay - slow, thinking, methodical, etc ?
I looked at Ghost: Shadow Wars, but that's for Nintendo only.

Any suggestions on a different series or I'm just SOL ?
What I'm looking for doesn't exist anymore and PC gaming is dying anyway?

thanks!

EDIT:
I changed the title because I now think I was barking up the wrong tree. The Ghost Recon game I was looking for doesn't exist.

More about : arma ghost recon

July 12, 2012 10:01:42 AM

graw 2 for me is the best. the new 1 is gears of bore with sneaky suites. multi gameplay is the only redeeming feature but even then its short lived... ghost recon online is pretty generic and offers nothing new.
m
l
July 12, 2012 11:09:24 AM

Is Arma 2 good for someone that likes open (big) sandbox FPS ?
Also got bug fixes since it was released so it's much more polished now?

I hope to get some comment on Arma 2 before I waste another dollar. I already did Stalker - it was good and done with that.

I have a Core 2 Quad (Yorkie), 8 gigs RAM, and a GTX 680 - should be able to handle Arma 2.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 13, 2012 12:48:27 AM

What really makes ARMA II shine is the DayZ mod. Check it out here
http://dayzmod.com/
July 20, 2012 12:24:26 AM

I ended up getting Rage. At least after spending $50 for Future Soldier and $30 for Rage, I at least end up with one game to play.
Rage is like Fallout 3 but with less story, more firepower, and better graphics. The engine isn't as good as I hoped because the environment isn't distructable and I always feel "stuck" in the canyons. It also seems to be "daytime" ALL the time. No one sleeps and no night time stealthy moves. Anyway, I just started the game and it's at least worth playing.
I expect to get Arma II with DayZ and maybe get Arma III later..
It seems to be getting harder to find mature sandbox FPS..
m
l
July 20, 2012 12:24:40 AM

Best answer selected by enewmen.
m
l
!