Trying to install fax on Win XP Stuck on compressed file.

October 2, 2004 11:42:40 PM

I purchased a Sony vaio notebook with Windows xp already
installed and just tried to setup the fax mode. But am
running into the problem of having needed files such as
fxscfgwz.dll compressed as fxscfgwz.dl_ and being told to
uncompress them with Win32 cabinet self_extractor
program. NO such program exists on my system or at least
that my search mode would uncover.

I know a little bit about computers but am feeling like a
total newbie.
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 2:38:51 AM

Double click on the compressed files and you will get a prompt for the
application to use to open them. Click on BROWSE. and select Win32 Cabinet
Self-Extractor, which is in the system folder.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]