Trying to install fax on Win XP Stuck on compressed file.

I purchased a Sony vaio notebook with Windows xp already
installed and just tried to setup the fax mode. But am
running into the problem of having needed files such as
fxscfgwz.dll compressed as fxscfgwz.dl_ and being told to
uncompress them with Win32 cabinet self_extractor
program. NO such program exists on my system or at least
that my search mode would uncover.

I know a little bit about computers but am feeling like a
total newbie.
1 answer Last reply
More about trying install stuck compressed file

    Double click on the compressed files and you will get a prompt for the
    application to use to open them. Click on BROWSE. and select Win32 Cabinet
    Self-Extractor, which is in the system folder.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Tally" <gvanpet@gte.net> wrote in message
    >I purchased a Sony vaio notebook with Windows xp already
    > installed and just tried to setup the fax mode. But am
    > running into the problem of having needed files such as
    > fxscfgwz.dll compressed as fxscfgwz.dl_ and being told to
    > uncompress them with Win32 cabinet self_extractor
    > program. NO such program exists on my system or at least
    > that my search mode would uncover.
    >
    > I know a little bit about computers but am feeling like a
    > total newbie.

Fax Windows XP