Cannot send or receive FAX using FAX Console, couldn't pre..

Send problem:
I have send faxes but it seemed nothing happened. No phone rings, nothing
in sent box. I have opened the Fax monitor and it says "Ready to send
faxes", three buttons below "Hide", "Answer Now" and "Less <<". I am not
sure why there is an "answer now" button when I am SENDING a fax? (However,
I was able to send faxes with another program-->FaxTalk Communicator.)

Receive problem:
My phone rings and I answered it. The time elapses starts counting, and
when the faxing is starting to send at the other end, my computer would
freeze. It freezes every time, and I couldn't call the Task Manager, so I
can only restart the computer.

Couldn't preview fax:
At first when I click the "Preview fax" button, it would open the Fax Viewer
and had a message inside "No preview available".

Could you please tell me how to fix these? Thank you very much!! :)
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot send receive console couldn

    Tell us what changed between "at first" and now.
    If you have or had other fax software installed, XP Fax often will not
    function.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Bonnie Chan" <BonnieChan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Send problem:
    > I have send faxes but it seemed nothing happened. No phone rings, nothing
    > in sent box. I have opened the Fax monitor and it says "Ready to send
    > faxes", three buttons below "Hide", "Answer Now" and "Less <<". I am not
    > sure why there is an "answer now" button when I am SENDING a fax?
    > (However,
    > I was able to send faxes with another program-->FaxTalk Communicator.)
    >
    > Receive problem:
    > My phone rings and I answered it. The time elapses starts counting, and
    > when the faxing is starting to send at the other end, my computer would
    > freeze. It freezes every time, and I couldn't call the Task Manager, so I
    > can only restart the computer.
    >
    > Couldn't preview fax:
    > At first when I click the "Preview fax" button, it would open the Fax
    > Viewer
    > and had a message inside "No preview available".
    >
    > Could you please tell me how to fix these? Thank you very much!! :)

Fax Consoles Windows XP