Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Good gaming mice (for Claw Grip style)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 12, 2012 1:36:59 PM

I need a good gaming mice, suitable for people who use Claw Grip style.
can anyone suggest me one?
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
October 17, 2012 12:15:39 PM

michaelmk86 said:
I need a good gaming mice, suitable for people who use Claw Grip style.
can anyone suggest me one?

cm spawn / xornet, razer abyssus, logitech g9x
/thread :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 17, 2012 3:49:40 PM

all of the above, plus I'd also add zowie mico and steelseries kana.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 17, 2012 4:17:20 PM

Came here to post the usual suspects as well as the CM Spawn and Xornet. Well done.
m
0
l
October 17, 2012 5:37:24 PM

I was just about to make a new post. I'm also a "claw grip" player and my VERY old (bought new in 2004) is finally dieing after 8 good years. The feet fell off almost 2 years ago so anything with feet is really an upgrade. I just came here looking for some recommendations on your post that fit my needs.



I know the MX518 is the successor, then the G400 and finally the G500. Just looking for other recommendations same as the OP
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 17, 2012 6:04:22 PM

dscudella said:
I was just about to make a new post. I'm also a "claw grip" player and my VERY old (bought new in 2004) is finally dieing after 8 good years. The feet fell off almost 2 years ago so anything with feet is really an upgrade. I just came here looking for some recommendations on your post that fit my needs.

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s605/dscudella/Logitech-MX510-mouse_medium_zps295ca9d3.jpg

I know the MX518 is the successor, then the G400 and finally the G500. Just looking for other recommendations same as the OP


Well if you're interested in that shell-type, the new revision of the G400 is the best mouse logitech currently has to offer as far as sensor performance. It's one of their only actual zero accel/zero prediction offerings.
m
0
l
October 17, 2012 7:16:13 PM

Thanks casualcolors, I was just at Best Buy and got the Razer Deathadder. I paid $70 for it but I got a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard for $54.

Someone messed up and marked the $130 Keyboard as clearance for $53.99 so I made out pretty good. The Deathadder is fast, super fast compared to my MX510. I won't be gaming for at least a day trying to get used to both.
m
0
l
October 18, 2012 1:49:59 AM

casualcolors said:
Came here to post the usual suspects as well as the CM Spawn and Xornet. Well done.



I originally bought the Xornet as a backup mouse......I really liked the form / feel, but felt the liftoff was WAY too high. Flashed the firmware to a different version (pretty cool how easy CM made the process) and now I'm extremely happy with it. Still just a little bit higher LoD than my Steelseries Laser Ikari, but barely noticeable.

Very nice for a "cheap" mouse.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 18, 2012 3:33:43 AM

dscudella said:
Thanks casualcolors, I was just at Best Buy and got the Razer Deathadder. I paid $70 for it but I got a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard for $54.

Someone messed up and marked the $130 Keyboard as clearance for $53.99 so I made out pretty good. The Deathadder is fast, super fast compared to my MX510. I won't be gaming for at least a day trying to get used to both.

You can adjust the speed on pretty much any mouse, well beyond the speed any normal human would want, but the polling rate of the mouse helps determine how smooth it moves, and prediction also has an affect on how it behaves.

The g400 is good if you just want a basic mx518 style of mouse, with a 1000/s poll rate. If you want wireless, the MS Sidewiinder x8 is probably the best out there, but the poll rate is only 500/s. However, the button layout is really solid.
m
0
l
!