faxing over the internet

October 3, 2004 4:30:05 PM

is there a way to fax, without the machine, just over the
internet? i have broadband cable, i dont have a "fax
machine". can any one of you guys out there recomend a
free program?

More about : faxing internet

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 7:20:40 PM

Faxing requires phone lines, not the Internet. If you want to hire an
Internet Service to do your faxing for you, none is free.
You will need to use a fee based Internet Fax Service. Several are listed
here: http://www.savetz.com/fax/

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to fax, without the machine, just over the
> internet? i have broadband cable, i dont have a "fax
> machine". can any one of you guys out there recomend a
> free program?
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 1:45:23 AM

Chris,
Just hook up your modem to the phone line and then you can send all
the fax you want. I use the one included in Windows XP. Works fine for
me.
TonySper

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
is there a way to fax, without the machine, just over the
internet? i have broadband cable, i dont have a "fax
machine". can any one of you guys out there recomend a
free program?
Related resources
October 6, 2004 2:35:02 AM

Tony,
I have a dsl line and fax wizard yet the system says no dial tone. Do I need
to run the line differently?
Greg

"TonySper" wrote:

> Chris,
> Just hook up your modem to the phone line and then you can send all
> the fax you want. I use the one included in Windows XP. Works fine for
> me.
> TonySper
>
> "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to fax, without the machine, just over the
> internet? i have broadband cable, i dont have a "fax
> machine". can any one of you guys out there recomend a
> free program?

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 8:05:44 PM

Greg,
You need a phone line connected to your MODEM. You cannot send a fax
through the DSL Modem. You can use the same phone line side that your
phone is connected to and connect that up to your modem. That's what I
do here. If you check you DSL modem connection you either have it
connected through a USB port or through your NIC card to your
computer. This will not allow you to send a fax through the DSL modem.
You need a separate standard modem connoted to your computer and
directly to the phone line. In other words the fax has to go through
the fax modem to the phone line.
Tony

"TonySper" wrote:

> Chris,
> Just hook up your modem to the phone line and then you can send all
> the fax you want. I use the one included in Windows XP. Works fine
> for
> me.
> TonySper
>
> "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to fax, without the machine, just over the
> internet? i have broadband cable, i dont have a "fax
> machine". can any one of you guys out there recomend a
> free program?

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 10:15:16 PM

Fax uses an ANOLOG modem, your DSL modem uses Digital signals. Regular
phone line [anolog] connected to anolog modem in PC. DSL filters need to be
installe on phone lines to block digital signals. Obtain filters from Radio
shack or DSL provider.

!