Sign in with
Your question

Good cheap gaming headset?

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2012 7:05:56 PM

Hi, I'm looking for some good headsets that are cheap and are comfortable with very good mic quality.

My budget is around 60 dollars and if it was under 50 dollars that would be perfect :D 
I am going to use the headset for gaming, music, and talking.

I currently am looking at Plantronics GameCom 367
I was wondering if these are good or if there are better ones.
Thanks
a b 4 Gaming
July 12, 2012 7:46:00 PM

I have the Gamecom 377 headset (open ear version). I like mine, its comfortable and the sound is great. Bass is good too. The only complaint is that it is all plastic and after about a year it started to crack at the top where it adjusts. I've used black duct tape to hold it together and it has been fine for about a year. My buddy had the same headset and it completely cracked in half after a year or two. I paid $30 for mine on Amazon and just yesterday I looked at it for someone and was only $29. Not sure why it is all of a sudden $59. That is WAY to much for that headset. I see they have a new model out though that may solve the issue I had. It's the GameCom 380 model. http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-380-Stereo-He... I would look at this way before the old model you are looking at.
m
l
July 12, 2012 8:46:53 PM

jay2tall said:
I have the Gamecom 377 headset (open ear version). I like mine, its comfortable and the sound is great. Bass is good too. The only complaint is that it is all plastic and after about a year it started to crack at the top where it adjusts. I've used black duct tape to hold it together and it has been fine for about a year. My buddy had the same headset and it completely cracked in half after a year or two. I paid $30 for mine on Amazon and just yesterday I looked at it for someone and was only $29. Not sure why it is all of a sudden $59. That is WAY to much for that headset. I see they have a new model out though that may solve the issue I had. It's the GameCom 380 model. http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-380-Stereo-He... I would look at this way before the old model you are looking at.

Alright I am considering buying the 380 one now :) 
m
l
Related resources
July 12, 2012 10:22:02 PM

naama said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hello, hands down best price/quality ratio head set I've tried. Veeeery comfy and I was surprised to notice that the sound quality when listening music was better than even way over 100$ Sennheiser headphones that I alson own.

Always wanted a Steel Series headset

Also might consider on getting this. Buy know any other cheap ones that are decent?
m
l
July 13, 2012 5:15:43 AM

Naama is 100% right on that headset, it's completely amazing and many professional gamers use it. Best of luck with whatever you chose Porke.
m
l
July 13, 2012 5:36:12 AM

Balrogue said:
Naama is 100% right on that headset, it's completely amazing and many professional gamers use it. Best of luck with whatever you chose Porke.

Much thanks :D 
m
l
July 14, 2012 6:21:09 AM

I've had my Siberia v2's for about a year and a half now and its still going great. I dont have much to compare from but I've loved them to this point. Go for it. Except go for like the frost version if you can find them cheaper, that one looks sick.
m
l
!