Kerio 2.1.5 or Kerio 4.x ?

Is there any interest to replace a Kerio 2.1.5 (which seems to do a
very good job...) by the latest 4.xx ?

--
Laurent GRENET

bill

I did it and frankly didnt see any improvements. Should have stuck with the
2.x. If you pay for 4.x you get some extras like blocking pop ups etc.

Bill

Laurent wrote:
> Is there any interest to replace a Kerio 2.1.5 (which seems to do a very
> good job...) by the latest 4.xx ?

I've tried both and I like both of them. The main thing I dislike about
4.xx is it's lack of logging. You can't see what's happening. So for
that reason I usually stick with 2.1.5, which is also a little more
straight forward. However, I haven't seen any bugs in 4.xx recently, so
it seems to do the job also.

All in all, I slighly prefer 2.1.5 I guess. If 4.xx had logging of
packets to unopened ports, I'd probaby use it.