HP LaserJet 6P won't install

Had to reload XP and now the HP Laserjet 6P on LPT1 won't
install. XP sees it on every boot up, attempts to
install it, but then says installation failed. I've
downloaded the most recent XP drivers for this printer
from HP and that didn't help. It worked before we had to
reload XP. I Did a clean reload and loaded all the XP
updates - including SR2.

Thanks in advance for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about laserjet install

    Are you logged on as an Administrator or User with Admin Rights?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297780
    www.coribright.com

    "DJG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Had to reload XP and now the HP Laserjet 6P on LPT1 won't
    > install. XP sees it on every boot up, attempts to
    > install it, but then says installation failed. I've
    > downloaded the most recent XP drivers for this printer
    > from HP and that didn't help. It worked before we had to
    > reload XP. I Did a clean reload and loaded all the XP
    > updates - including SR2.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

Hewlett Packard Laserjet Windows XP