Sign in with
Your question

Graphical Issues

Last response: in Windows 7
October 19, 2010 9:39:08 PM

I'm having a really really annoying graphical issue that I cant seem to find a fix for, I've searched and searched and to no avail. I can't really recall when the problem started happening but as far as I know it WAS NOT happening after a fresh install. Anyway, I've checked temps I have reinstalled drivers and still cannot seem to fix this issue.

Any idea what the problem might be?

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3861/problemue.jpg

tldr; I'm having horrible graphical artifacting problems that I cannot seem to fix. Doesn't happen THAT bad in World of Warcraft but its horrible while using Windows 7. See screenshot

More about : graphical issues

a b Ý World of Warcraft
a c 255 $ Windows 7
October 19, 2010 9:43:04 PM

If you are overclocking either your CPU or GPU, revert back to your stock settings and see what happens. You should also make sure that all of your fans are working properly and are clean (no dust bunny or hairball buildup, including the power supply).

To troubleshoot futher, we would need a complete listing of your system's components to begin to resolve the issue. You are describing a classic heat or power issue as indicated by the artifacting.
m
l
October 19, 2010 11:23:18 PM

So I found that ATI-Overdrive was on, I turned that off, rebooted all that.. and I thought it was good for a while! But they returned : ( Temp's are the same with and without overdrive, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

I'll post the rest of components here in a few
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2010 11:57:31 PM

Would like to see the specs as well.
m
l
October 20, 2010 12:29:05 AM

AMD Phenom IIX4 - 965, 3.4GHZ
4Gigs of DDR3 Ram
GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 Motherboard
7200RPM Barracuda HDD.

I Just built this system no less then 2 months ago, and i've checked.. It's fairly dust free
m
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a c 255 $ Windows 7
October 20, 2010 1:42:38 AM

What video card and power supply are you using?
m
l
October 20, 2010 3:49:32 AM

haha knew I forgot something, was in a hurry.

Ati HD 4890 and a Raidmax 630W PSU
m
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a c 255 $ Windows 7
October 20, 2010 12:48:23 PM

Lot of video card. What model raidmax?

Try this. Take the cover off your system and run it. If it works okay, it indicates you have a heat issue.

However, I suspect your PSU is the issue and isn't providing enough juice (so to speak) to your GPU. PSUs do fail over time.

Good luck!
m
l
!