BF3 Crash changed Video card still the same problem...

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Here are my PC specs.
i5 3570k stock clocks
inland 600 watt psu
7850 by Diamond stock clocks
4gigs of crucial gaming ddr3
Windows 7 32 bit home edition
20 dollar Diablotek case lol

Ok so it started about a week ago when I did my new build. Only happens when playing bf3 and the problem I'm having is the screen freezes then game shuts down. I did get a couple errors only one i can remember is directx11 error. The computer does not shut down just the game crashes. All the other games I play seem to be fine with no issues yet.

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
OK so i took a whach at it. Tryed everything except for upping the votage on my gpu...it worked increased it by exactly 1% and not an issue yet. Fingers crossed and hope I jsut didnt get lucky. Played for about an hour and not as much as a stutter.

Favorite Quote: If you want it done right do it your self!

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Battlefield 3 Direct X Ran out of memory error FIX! Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:06 AM (permalink)
Well since the update on the 22nd Ive started to get this direct x error stating that my video card has ran out of memory, And to use a video card with at least 512mb of memory.. Also been crashing and get the stopped working window So I'm thinking OK WTH! my c216 is oldschool but it has 896mb of memory, what gives? Tried all the usual troubleshooting and still game crashes with one of these stupid errors.. Now im thinking great, the patch broke my game! After a lot of googling i found a fix that worked! Im now crash free again! Original page is here http://www.pixelshine.net...ov-22-patch-crash-fix/

* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
* In the command prompt type this exactly:
bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500
Then hit enter.
* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.
* Changes take effect on reboot.
Now reboot the PC because Windows needs to set the userva at 2500 which only happens after startup.
If you skip any step it will not work. When you have rebooted you should be good to go. Run the game as normal with the original game shortcut.
TO UNDO THE CHANGES
Open command prompt as administrator and type: bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva. That deletes the entry.
Reboot and you are back to normal.
Windows 7/Windows Vista* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.* In the command prompt type this exactly:
bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500
Then hit enter.* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.* Changes take effect on reboot.Now reboot the PC because Windows needs to set the userva at 2500 which only happens after startup.
If you skip any step it will not work. When you have rebooted you should be good to go. Run the game as normal with the original game shortcut.
TO UNDO THE CHANGESOpen command prompt as administrator and type: bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva. That deletes the entry.Reboot and you are back to normal.