Print Spool Not Working

Hello,

I have a HP OfficeJet 5510 All-in-One Printer. The print
spool does not appear to be working. It will not let me
install the printer. When I click on add a printer it
tells me Operation could not be completed.

I have went into Adminstrative Tools and scrolled down
to Printer Spool and clicked on start but received the
following error. Error 1068: The dependency service or
group failed to start.

Can anyone offer me some suggestions as to how to fix
this issue. This printer is for my graduate classes.

See http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm, particularly
the commentary between steps 14 and 15. You may never have had a Lexmark
printer, but the symptom you describe seem to be the same as described
there.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing

"Phill" <newflexic@monkeyroyale.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a HP OfficeJet 5510 All-in-One Printer. The print
> spool does not appear to be working. It will not let me
> install the printer. When I click on add a printer it
> tells me Operation could not be completed.
>
> I have went into Adminstrative Tools and scrolled down
> to Printer Spool and clicked on start but received the
> following error. Error 1068: The dependency service or
> group failed to start.
>
> Can anyone offer me some suggestions as to how to fix
> this issue. This printer is for my graduate classes.

Bruce,

Thanks for the help. I did have a lexmark printer
installed about a year ago and gave it to my sister. The
steps 14 thru 15 worked wonderfully and everything is
back to normal.

Thanks

wrong question.

>"Phill" <newflexic@monkeyroyale.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a HP OfficeJet 5510 All-in-One Printer. The
print
>> spool does not appear to be working. It will not let me
>> install the printer. When I click on add a printer it
>> tells me Operation could not be completed.
>>
>> I have went into Adminstrative Tools and scrolled down
>> to Printer Spool and clicked on start but received the
>> following error. Error 1068: The dependency service or
>> group failed to start.
>>
>> Can anyone offer me some suggestions as to how to fix
>> this issue. This printer is for my graduate classes.
>

>.

TRENDING THREADS