Sign in with
Your question

All games suddenly running slow?

Last response: in Video Games
July 13, 2012 5:42:55 AM

One day I was playing GTA IV and it started running slow. So I decided to update my drivers and that didn't help. Usually when that happens I just take out my card and clean it. But this time it didn't work. Even that "Windows Experience Index" had changed. My graphics rating used to be 6.9 now it's 5.1.

The only graphics hardware on my computer is my GTX 560 TI as the display adapter, no onboard graphics detected. I made sure that everything was plugged in right. I checked GPU-Z as well and it detected a GTX 560 TI as normal. So what could have happened? I updated all my drivers, cleaned out my GPU and uninstalled a heck of a lot of programs and my games still run slow. I defragged all my steam games.

Specs are
i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
GTX 560 TI
8GB DDR3
MSI P67A-C43
Windows 7 64-Bit
July 14, 2012 4:59:25 AM

amarante said:
Try checking your temperatures with HW Monitor: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

It might be your CPU that is overheating.

Nope, CPU Max is 47c. GPU is fine as well, runs games at 31c
So yesterday games were working fine, booted it up today. Games are running slow again, and there isn't a restore point to yesterday. I haven't installed anything yesterday either...
m
l
July 14, 2012 12:50:54 PM

Do any other programs run in the background when it's laggy? If you have like an anti virus program doing a scan that could be hogging your CPU usage. Check for any viruses or malware too.
m
l
!