hp deskjet 810c networking with windows xp

Before i installed the service pack 2 on my computers, i
had no trouble sharing my printer (hp deskjet 810c).
After installing the service pack 2, whenever i attempt
to print anything, it won't work and after a minute or
so, i'ld check on the printing queue, an 'error printing'
message would come up on the 'status' section.

Would anyone be able to help me get my printing network
working properly?

Thanks

Have you given the firewall the correct File & Print Sharing Permissions?
www.coribright.com

"nhanh" <nhanhnguyen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Before i installed the service pack 2 on my computers, i
> had no trouble sharing my printer (hp deskjet 810c).
> After installing the service pack 2, whenever i attempt
> to print anything, it won't work and after a minute or
> so, i'ld check on the printing queue, an 'error printing'
> message would come up on the 'status' section.
>
> Would anyone be able to help me get my printing network
> working properly?
>
> Thanks

kiki

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Try this it worked for me. To fix I just went into control panel, users, set
all users to administrator, restart my computer, viola! Then go back and
change back users to limited. Hope this helps you. It took me forever to
figure this out, and I too removed and reinstalled my printer...frustrating
when the fix was so easy!

"nhanh" wrote:

> Before i installed the service pack 2 on my computers, i
> had no trouble sharing my printer (hp deskjet 810c).
> After installing the service pack 2, whenever i attempt
> to print anything, it won't work and after a minute or
> so, i'ld check on the printing queue, an 'error printing'
> message would come up on the 'status' section.
>
> Would anyone be able to help me get my printing network
> working properly?
>
> Thanks

kksharma7787

Distinguished