Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Losing Mapped Network Drive

Tags:
  • Network Drive
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
October 8, 2002 9:53:54 PM

I'm running simple peer to peer on 6 XP machines with DSL modem, Befsr11 Linksys Router and a 16-port Netgear switch. Purpose: soft/file/print/net sharing. Everything is on static IP's and generally the LAN doesn't bitch.

One of the machines seems to be not reconnecting to a mapped drive at startup. When I mapped it I checked the "Reconnect at Logon" box and it still loses the connection. When I browse the drive it opens it fine although the icon still shows crossed as if it was disconnected...Any idea?

More about : losing mapped network drive

October 9, 2002 11:19:55 AM

yeah, mine used to do that, said it couldnt find the drive, even though my user profile was on the same drive and loaded that fine!! what I did was created a logon script to map the drive and that fixed it.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
October 9, 2002 6:17:07 PM

just make a batch file containing "net use x: \\server\share" and put it in the start up folder.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
Related resources
October 10, 2002 8:43:58 AM

lol im sure I just said that :) 

October 10, 2002 4:21:03 PM

logon script is different than a batch file in the start up folder, logon script would require a domain : )

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
October 11, 2002 11:39:07 AM

yeah ok, I suppose when you get used to doing something you forget that you cant always, besides, I was in that sort of mood yesterday, sorry.