Losing Mapped Network Drive

I'm running simple peer to peer on 6 XP machines with DSL modem, Befsr11 Linksys Router and a 16-port Netgear switch. Purpose: soft/file/print/net sharing. Everything is on static IP's and generally the LAN doesn't bitch.

One of the machines seems to be not reconnecting to a mapped drive at startup. When I mapped it I checked the "Reconnect at Logon" box and it still loses the connection. When I browse the drive it opens it fine although the icon still shows crossed as if it was disconnected...Any idea?
5 answers Last reply
More about losing mapped network drive
  1. yeah, mine used to do that, said it couldnt find the drive, even though my user profile was on the same drive and loaded that fine!! what I did was created a logon script to map the drive and that fixed it.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
  2. just make a batch file containing "net use x: \\server\share" and put it in the start up folder.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
  3. lol im sure I just said that :)

4. logon script is different than a batch file in the start up folder, logon script would require a domain : )

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
  5. yeah ok, I suppose when you get used to doing something you forget that you cant always, besides, I was in that sort of mood yesterday, sorry.

Ask a new question

Read More

Network Drive Networking