Yash007

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hello,
My Specs:
Core i3 2120
Intel HD Graphics 2000
8GB ram DDR3

I ran Need For Speed: The Run on it, will I be able to run Battlefield 3, it uses the same engine;Frostbite 2?

Do not suggest me to buy a video card!!

Solution
ok i wont suggest you need a gfx card il tell you outright you need a gfx card.
frostbite 2 mqay well be used for both games but they use the engine for different things. bf3 being much more demanding. hd2000 gfx may be ok for video and basic gaming but if you want more you have no option but to get a better gfx solution.
even on minimum settings and at low rez there isnt enough grunt in the onboard to get bf3 to run past 20 fps thats just a fact. you have 64 avatars running around smoke, explosions and buildings collapsing all over the place.
on nfs you have 1 main car, a road with the odd oncoming traffic, maybe 6 opponents and the basically static scenery. the a.i is much less demanding meaning the cpu can do other things while on...
ok i wont suggest you need a gfx card il tell you outright you need a gfx card.
frostbite 2 mqay well be used for both games but they use the engine for different things. bf3 being much more demanding. hd2000 gfx may be ok for video and basic gaming but if you want more you have no option but to get a better gfx solution.
even on minimum settings and at low rez there isnt enough grunt in the onboard to get bf3 to run past 20 fps thats just a fact. you have 64 avatars running around smoke, explosions and buildings collapsing all over the place.
on nfs you have 1 main car, a road with the odd oncoming traffic, maybe 6 opponents and the basically static scenery. the a.i is much less demanding meaning the cpu can do other things while on bf3 your playing with real people who do unexpected things. they really are 2 different ends of the spectrum as far as system demands go...
so yeah if you you wanna play bf3 at anywhere near 30+ fps better than minimum rez and detail you have no option but to get a gfx card.
you dont like it? sorry thats just the stark reality, your system isnt up to the task until you get a gfx card...
even then it will struggle on multiplayer bf3 as you may have 4 threads but thats not the same as 4 cores and bf3 really does prefer 4 cores.

Solution