overclocking on an abit kg7

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Ok, I overclocked using my multiplier before but since this amd 1800+ i have had to redraw my lines a few times now and i inted to use the FSB this time (i've read its faster this way anyhow) Well i tried my FSB at 140 and ran prime95 and no errors and temps were just fine, but i had problems downloading files so i put my FSB back at 133 and the problems were gone. Well i've heard of a bus divider or something that allows me to overclock the FSB and not have my pci slots/ide channels or agp overclocked. How do i do this??? i'm bunked..HELP!

garett

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2001
i thought that the whole reason FSB overclocking was faster was because all of your pci cards get overclocked as well?

svol

Champion
Probably the onboard IDE controller, the memory or one of the PCI cards can't handle the speed and starts to coorupt data.
The max PCI divider there is on the KG7 is 1/4 of the FSB (so 133/4=33.3) with a FSB of 140 the PCI bus will be 140/4=35 MHz which isn't a very high speed. How is your PC connected to the internet, maybe the NIC/MODEM can't handle the 35 MHz speed.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

TRENDING THREADS