Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Have two questions about Battlefield 3...

Last response: in Video Games
July 13, 2012 7:06:45 PM

I'm gaming on a 60" TV, its really nice except for a few thing,

1. When i am using my mouse, in the menu i try to go to say, graphics, i have to aim away from graphics to open it. It's really annoying especially when i am trying to change class.

2. Can i use just my gamepad to play it do everything, like change all the settings and classes without the need for keyboard or mouse? I know i should get use to using K/M but i havent even got a decent K/M setup, all i have is a cheap £10 wired keyboard which is rubbish and a 6 year old wireless mouse.

Now this one isn't related to battlefield but if you have an idea then if you can drop them for me, what should i put my keyboard and mouse on when im on my sofabed?

More about : questions battlefield

July 13, 2012 7:56:56 PM

Battlefield supports xbox 360 controllers on pc, I use keyboard and mouse when using my monitor, and a 360 controller when using my 42" 3dtv.
July 13, 2012 8:18:10 PM

bumnut53 said:
Battlefield supports xbox 360 controllers on pc, I use keyboard and mouse when using my monitor, and a 360 controller when using my 42" 3dtv.

so i can go back and forth through the menu' using a xbox controller? i'm using a dualshock with motioninjoy drivers as is dont like the xbox controller for shooters
Related resources
July 13, 2012 10:07:24 PM

54 views 1 reply!!! come on

Best solution

July 13, 2012 10:50:09 PM

spat55 said:
54 views 1 reply!!! come on

Hi :) 

That attitude will only stop people helping.....we usually help with subjects we are experts on.....not ones we are not...

All the best Brett :) 
July 13, 2012 10:57:54 PM

Best answer selected by spat55.
July 13, 2012 10:59:50 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

That attitude will only stop people helping.....we usually help with subjects we are experts on.....not ones we are not...

All the best Brett :) 

Just annoyed me with the way i had 50+ views and nobody even said one thing to help, out of all of them 1 should be able to write a sentence. If i read a post and i can kinda help i will.
July 14, 2012 1:44:50 AM

your tv uses overscan thus you cant point the mouse accurately. often it happens because of upscaling. not all tv's do it well and by the sounds of it yours doesnt.
yes you can use a game pad to do everything in the game. but you will find unless you stay sniper at the back of the map you will get had at medium and short range. because you cant react quick enough against sum1 who may well be very unskilled but is using a mouse and keyboard.
if you want to lay in bed and play then the contoler is probably best but if you want to try it, use a piece of Formica (1/3" deep plastic laminate over compressed wood chips) about 2'6" long and about 18"wide to rest the keyboard and mouse on, or a piece of plywood with a mouse mat to give a smooth surface. the keyboard will support itself. also get a better mouse if its less than 500ms response dpi doesnt really matter but response does and it should be wired if you must go wireless then get a g700. really if your serious about playing bf3 at any level that wont get you constantly killed then you need a mouse and keyboard on a desk in front of a monitor.
July 14, 2012 1:48:19 AM

btw most of us only come on here 2-3 times a day for 20 mins at a time. so be patient. not every 1 can help you but people will look at the topic in case they can... 50 views for a site that has 750,000 members+ is not a lot. if you got 1000+ and no help then you can complain.
!