Bethesda Officially Dates Skyrim, RAGE, More

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'm just getting RAGE, can't wait to play it with my friends. Brink i'm deciding. this year i got a budget of $650 on games already planned out. uh i got to push for over time. :( damn you publishers! :)

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Rift SUCKS. I forced myself through 20 hours of play before I finally uninstalled the beta.

Brink is looking pretty awesome, Skyrim and Rage speak for themselves. It's going to be a busy year to be a gamer.

killbits

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Can Bethesda scrap this Rage and Brink whatever those are and somehow bring Skyrim forward?[/citation]

LMAO. id software is making rage and had it in development *long* before id was bought by bethesda.

Plus bethesda is obviously saving the best games to release closest to the holiday season. also brink and rage are similar in scope and they don't want to release two competing products at the same time.

el_bastardo74

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
skyrim is number 1 on my list. i was hoping bethesda wasn't putting tes on the chopping block when they wouldn't confirm the release of a 5th one a couple of years back. i want to check rage out, too. looks pretty awesome. kinda like fallout on steroids. all is right in my insignificant little world, once again!

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Looking forward to Brink. Splash Damage has made my two favorite online games of all time, so I think the online play will be pretty stellar.

Should be a good year for Zenimax.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
If RAGE is better than id's last games.. which I'm hoping.. it should shape the future of FPS gaming. And I do hope. Their last Wolfenstein game was fail and it appears that Valve has taken the thrown on the FPS market entirely. CryTek's Crysis can't even keep up.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]Do they try to encourage pirating their games, or why do they provide the game in the us so much earlier than the rest of the world?[/citation]

For some reason, I don't think Carmack cares if some people pirate his games. Most of iD's earlier softwares were somewhat on the independant/homebrew side of things and generally people programming that stuff want to share a bit.

I still remember a huge rush of DooM pre-betas and betas and then the full version getting out in the wild before it made it to stores. Things like that make me believe it is somewhat part of hype or marketing. Many people see or hear of the popular product and then run to the store and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.