O/C Athlon XP Please help!!!

G

Anyone please tell me where I can buy some conductive silver lacquer. I live in South Africa. Can anyone give me the exact product name/ international store where I can obtain it?
I'm going out of my mind here!!!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
do they have auto shops near where you live?
if they do, i think that the defrost repair kit will work just the same..
anyone have a second opinion?
because i have not tried this myself...

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

G

By "auto shops" what do you mean???
Defrost repair kit??
I don't follow......

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
auto shop...
a place to buy replacement parts for a car, aka an automobile, hence the name auto shop.

defrost repair kit.
on the back window of most newer cars, there are these grey or brown lines that are electrically resistant, and will heat up when current is passed through them, just enough to make the glass not foggy. they dont get hot, just warm up the glass. auto shops sell a kit that has a liquid form of this substance, and it is used to repaint those lines if they get damaged. but some people have used them to bridge stuff in comptuers...i dont know if it will work on the athlon...but it might!

look for an auto parts shop, and ask them if they have a defrost repair kit, if it is a decent repair shop, then they should have it.
but i would wait for a second opinion on using this method before using it. also, remember to use superglue to fill in the laser channels...or you will be stuck with a dead athlonxp! and short a computer!!!!

-DAvid

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
He lives in South Africa (too warm?) so I think it might be hard to find Defrost Repair kit.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
meybe....but you would think that they would have something to repair that...
but then again, why even have it in the cars...just a waste of money.
but i cant think of anything like that.
maybe a conductive pen, you might be able to do that.
or you can order an unlocking kit..but i dont know if they will ship to south africa...

-DAvid