Duron 1ghz overclock?

G

I have a 663AS Motherboard, by motherboard. 1 ghz duron ..... i want to overclock please help. msg back if you need more info

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
the duron has a 200FSB
but you might be able to overclock it.....DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT THO! i have never overclocked a duron...so i dont know what it can do.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

svol

Champion
Raise the FSB a couple of MHz and see if it's stable, if so continue raising and otherwise lower the FSB a couple of MHz till it's stable again. Be sure you have sufficient cooling.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

flywheel

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2001
when you raise the FSB on these do you do it in single units? I have a Duron 950 (200mhz FSB) so if I want to overclock-- I raise the FSB to like 202 in the bios or do I have to do it in multiples of 5 or so and go 205. I really don't need to overclock but I've read that the Duron's overclock well and I'd kinda like to try.

<font color=orange>learning something new everyday</font color=orange> :wink:

flywheel

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2001
I have a Shuttle AK31 ver 3.1 They're supposed to be able to overclock well... where should I look in the manual to see what it supports? Should there actually be a section that gets into overclocking? Or should I be looking for FSB specs.?

svol

Champion
Don't think the manual has a special overclocking section, but this can be found FSB specs. or installing/configurating the CPU.
Or just look in your BIOS which steps in FSB increasing can be taken.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

flywheel

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2001
thanks...you're always helping me out in the various forums!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
FSB will five the largest increase in performance...
the other stuff will help too, but it is more for max MHZ...

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-