After installing SP2 no printers show

After installing SP2 no printers show in the printers and
faxes box. Printers are there but do not show. I can only
print to the windows default printer due to the fact that
I cannot access the printers to change the default. I
cannot remove these devices either or the drivers. While
attempting to remove drivers, I get a message saying
that the printer is in use. I currently have the
following printers installed HP 1300n, Lexmark X1150, and
Adobe Acrobat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about after installing printers show

    I'm not sure if this will help you, but I figures it out on my computer. All
    I had to do was set each user to have administrator user rights, then restart
    my computer, then set user back to limited and viola I could print. Wierd!
    Took me forever to figure it out too.

    http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20Nine.htm
    www.coribright.com

    "Tim" <timdahl66@msn.com> wrote in message
    > After installing SP2 no printers show in the printers and
    > faxes box. Printers are there but do not show. I can only
    > print to the windows default printer due to the fact that
    > I cannot access the printers to change the default. I
    > cannot remove these devices either or the drivers. While
    > attempting to remove drivers, I get a message saying
    > that the printer is in use. I currently have the
    > following printers installed HP 1300n, Lexmark X1150, and
    > Adobe Acrobat.

    Still no luck, I can't figure out what is going on.
    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Tim" <timdahl66@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> After installing SP2 no printers show in the printers
    and
    >> faxes box. Printers are there but do not show. I can
    only
    >> print to the windows default printer due to the fact
    that
    >> I cannot access the printers to change the default. I
    >> cannot remove these devices either or the drivers.
    While
    >> attempting to remove drivers, I get a message saying
    >> that the printer is in use. I currently have the
    >> following printers installed HP 1300n, Lexmark X1150,
    and
    >> Adobe Acrobat.
    >>
    >> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>

    >.

    Try to blitz the current drivers.....

    > Still no luck, I can't figure out what is going on.

Default Drivers Printers Windows XP