Tim

After installing SP2 no printers show in the printers and
faxes box. Printers are there but do not show. I can only
print to the windows default printer due to the fact that
I cannot access the printers to change the default. I
cannot remove these devices either or the drivers. While
attempting to remove drivers, I get a message saying
that the printer is in use. I currently have the
following printers installed HP 1300n, Lexmark X1150, and
Adobe Acrobat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kiki

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I figures it out on my computer. All
I had to do was set each user to have administrator user rights, then restart
my computer, then set user back to limited and viola I could print. Wierd!
Took me forever to figure it out too.

http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20Nine.htm
www.coribright.com

"Tim" <timdahl66@msn.com> wrote in message
> After installing SP2 no printers show in the printers and
> faxes box. Printers are there but do not show. I can only
> print to the windows default printer due to the fact that
> I cannot access the printers to change the default. I
> cannot remove these devices either or the drivers. While
> attempting to remove drivers, I get a message saying
> that the printer is in use. I currently have the
> following printers installed HP 1300n, Lexmark X1150, and
> Adobe Acrobat.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Still no luck, I can't figure out what is going on.
Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Tim" <timdahl66@msn.com> wrote in message
>> After installing SP2 no printers show in the printers
and
>> faxes box. Printers are there but do not show. I can
only
>> print to the windows default printer due to the fact
that
>> I cannot access the printers to change the default. I
>> cannot remove these devices either or the drivers.
While
>> attempting to remove drivers, I get a message saying
>> that the printer is in use. I currently have the
>> following printers installed HP 1300n, Lexmark X1150,
and
>> Adobe Acrobat.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>.