Is my ipmasq firewall secure enough for pppoe?

Last response: in Networking
April 10, 2004 9:36:45 PM

I am using the ipmasq iptables script on Debian Sarge, kernel 2.4.25
and recently got a pppoe connection. I get a new ip everytime I connect,
but I might be getting a permanent public IP soon. There's no service
ports open on my machine but how should I check if the firewall is
secure enough? I'd like to know experiences of other such linux users.

Regards,
Bill
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 6:11:17 PM

Well you could try running ShieldsUp! http://grc.com/

Ed

"Bill Gates" <billg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am using the ipmasq iptables script on Debian Sarge, kernel 2.4.25
> and recently got a pppoe connection. I get a new ip everytime I connect,
> but I might be getting a permanent public IP soon. There's no service
> ports open on my machine but how should I check if the firewall is
> secure enough? I'd like to know experiences of other such linux users.
>
> Regards,
> Bill
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 12:03:13 PM