Trogan horse detected when faxing starts

October 6, 2004 12:40:09 PM

This is my first time using the microsoft fax in windows
xp professional. I was using a different faxing program
prior to using this one. Anyway, I just recently
reloaded my computer, that's when I configured the fax
program from windows xp.

Everytime I fax something from my computer, my norton
antivirus blocks a program called Netspy Trogan horse.

Has anyone come across this? and if so, have you figured
out how to get rid of it?

Thanks.
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 10:10:29 PM

A good many folks have come across this problem:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c21...
Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
computer

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com