Trogan horse detected when faxing starts

This is my first time using the microsoft fax in windows
xp professional. I was using a different faxing program
prior to using this one. Anyway, I just recently
reloaded my computer, that's when I configured the fax
program from windows xp.

Everytime I fax something from my computer, my norton
antivirus blocks a program called Netspy Trogan horse.

Has anyone come across this? and if so, have you figured
out how to get rid of it?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about trogan horse detected faxing starts

    A good many folks have come across this problem:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
    Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
    computer

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "rdjanvier" <rdjanvier@sasktel.net> wrote in message
    > This is my first time using the microsoft fax in windows
    > xp professional. I was using a different faxing program
    > prior to using this one. Anyway, I just recently
    > reloaded my computer, that's when I configured the fax
    > program from windows xp.
    >
    > Everytime I fax something from my computer, my norton
    > antivirus blocks a program called Netspy Trogan horse.
    >
    > Has anyone come across this? and if so, have you figured
    > out how to get rid of it?
    >
    > Thanks.

Fax Microsoft Windows XP