Printing across network using DOS product

Printed connected to a computer on teh network. Using DOS
software capabale of Printer ports 1-9.

Using Win 98 I could set up a print capture to direct my
print across the network to the attached printer.

How do I print from my DOS app across the network with XP??

Jay
1 answer Last reply
More about printing network product

    Jay,

    > How do I print from my DOS app across the network with XP??

    If your DOS app.is already sending all the correct escape sequences for your
    printer, and the printer is capable to recognize them (i.e. it's not a
    Windows-only printer), then:

    NET USE LPT1 \\computer\shared_printer

    To remove the redirection:

    NET USE LPT1 /D

    If you want to print from your DOS app. to Windows-only printers and virtual
    printers (like faxmodems and PDF writers), then have a look at Printfil.

    Kind regards,
    Davide Guolo
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

DOS Microsoft Printers Windows XP