koolance coolant pc2-c

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
hi,

is someone has this watercooler ?
is it efficient ?
what are the cpu & mb temps we can expect to have ?
someone has an idea of its price ?

here are the specs <A HREF="http://koolance.com/specs" target="_new">http://koolance.com/specs</A> but some experience with this watercooler would be appreciated.

thanks

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Hopefully I will post some result in a couple weeks. If I don't screw it up.
What puzzles me is that with a dual fan on the P/S it is block off from sucking any air out of the case. And will only suck air out of the top where the radiator is at.

Leaving no air circulating in the case. I wanted to put two 92mm fans on the side and one 80mm fan on the back. But without any help from the P/S, I'm going to go with just one 92mm case fan.
Another thing is that I just have the CPU cooler, and plan to get one for the mobo chip and gf. I'm concerned about having the added cooling, feeling it may reduce the cooling if I was just to cool the CPU.
I think I'll have to try different combinations.
Out side of the bla bla I'll post when it's up and running or other. As for price Case 200 P/S 100 not including extra fans,lights or extra cooling.

Complicated Nit Picker

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
Virtual hideout did a review of it <A HREF="http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/frozencpu_koolance/index.shtml" target="_new">HERE</A>
i havent really read it, but they usually do a very thorough review of the products that they get. :smile:

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
That was thorough I don't think I seen a review where they installed all the exter cooling, video, mobo chip, HDD. I think he used a 1GCPU and the highest I seen tested was a 1400. Why not an XP1800+

At the end there he said he believes they only needed one 80mm fan instead of two blowing down on the radiator, because only one was blowing out. I assume he used a P/S, which would of suck air out too.

Complicated Nit Picker

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I'm using my case now, but with the CPU not being unlock it's no biggy. I was hitting higher MHz with a stock HSF, if it matters the mobo and CPU were new at that time, maybe there some ware and tare in there.
Putting it together was a little work, good thing for some sights, because I wouldn't have guess that a dual fan P/S would have the second fan facing upper word, instead of down and it was a tight fit. I used a Enermax 430 P/S and the wires are twice as long as they needed to be and 3 times as many wires as I needed. More ideal would have been a full tower.
I was able to get a CD rom in the highest self, but it doesn't look like anymore CD players will fit in there. At least without hitting the mobo by a good 1\4 of an inch.
I had to turn the CPU cooling to have the hoses coming from the side, instead of the bottom where a condenser on the mobo was in the way. And the hose's were all ready on, so I got first hand experience taking off the hose's from the get go. Being after the water was in and hardware was in. I crimp the hose and left the hardware in. It took some work, but I got it done.
I still can add the video, HDD, and mobo chip cooling, that should be a real pain in the *ss. I'm just over $300. now and the exter stuff will be another $100. Until I unlock my CPU, or put an unlock TB in there will I know if it's worth it.