fax printers are inaccessible

Hi!

I have installed a fax printer on a Win2003 Server and shared it out on the
network.
All the PCs except one are able to connect to the Fax Console.

The one that isn't says that Some fax printers are inaccessible. When you
click on this message, it says that it cannot connect to the server.
However, all other network activities work fine on the PC.

Can someone please offer me some assistance. I have tried loads of things
including changing registry entries.

Please help
Thanks
Nish.
1 answer Last reply
More about printers inaccessible

    The usual fix is to install Windows XP Service Pack 1. Certain registry
    keys on which Fax depends can be wiped out by certain update or repair
    operations in XP and causes this behavior. SP1 fixes the problem.
    Alternatively:

    1. Save the attachment to this post (or paste the text between dashed
    linesat the bottom of this message into Notepad and save it).

    2. Rename it RPCProt.reg

    3. Go to Windows Explorer and double-click on RPCProt.reg - this would apply
    the key to the registry (assuming that Merge is the default action).

    3a. If double clicking the RENAMED file opens Notepad or WordPad, go to
    'Start|Run', type REGEDIT, click OK, then go to 'File|Import' and navigate
    to the file.

    4. Stop and then restart the fax service.

    The contents of the attached file:
    --------------------------------------
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols]
    "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll"
    "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
    "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll"
    "ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll"
    -------------------------------------

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Nish" <nishlo_2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have installed a fax printer on a Win2003 Server and shared it out on
    > the
    > network.
    > All the PCs except one are able to connect to the Fax Console.
    >
    > The one that isn't says that Some fax printers are inaccessible. When you
    > click on this message, it says that it cannot connect to the server.
    > However, all other network activities work fine on the PC.
    >
    > Can someone please offer me some assistance. I have tried loads of things
    > including changing registry entries.
    >
    > Please help
    > Thanks
    > Nish.