QNC with Sony Ericsson T608 on Verizon

I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon Wireless
network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
"at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
"Verifying username and password". Any advice?

-Adam
5 answers Last reply
More about sony ericsson t608 verizon

    Adam wrote:
    > I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
    > connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon Wireless
    > network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
    > "at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
    > service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
    > "Verifying username and password". Any advice?

    I doubt you'll be able to use a PCS Vision phone on VZ NationalAccess.
    Not for data, anyhow. Shouldn't be any problems using it for voice calls
    assuming you've been able to unlock it.

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    Adam wrote:
    > I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
    > connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon Wireless
    > network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
    > "at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
    > service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
    > "Verifying username and password". Any advice?

    Er, I don't think it'll work on QNC either. I'm pretty sure the Vision phones
    can't do 14.4K data at all. Apologies for not answering your question in the
    first post. I'm a little under the weather today.

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    Some clarifications :

    >From my understanding, the T608 will do both 14.4 and 1xrtt data on
    verizon. I used one for the past year with 1xrtt over bluetooth (so i
    know that definitely works), but never tried 14.4. When it gives a
    vision username/password error that's just a hard coded error means it
    cannot authenticate you on the high speed network.

    Got an e-mail from adam earlier today (i'm the one that sold it to
    him), he was able to get the phone working at 14.4 by using this init
    string

    at$qcqnc=1;at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2

    He mentioned the connection dropping after a few minutes, but I suspect
    it may just be a timeout issue.

    -Tom

    PS. still have a few t608's for sale.

    Steve Sobol wrote:
    > Adam wrote:
    > > I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
    > > connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon
    Wireless
    > > network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
    > > "at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
    > > service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
    > > "Verifying username and password". Any advice?
    >

    > Er, I don't think it'll work on QNC either. I'm pretty sure the
    Vision phones
    > can't do 14.4K data at all. Apologies for not answering your question
    in the
    > first post. I'm a little under the weather today.
    >

    > --
    > JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET
    (4638)
    > Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP:
    0xE3AE35ED

    > "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
    > --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    I have been able to use my t608 to access both the qnc and the national
    access networks using windows xp. I've posted how I did this here
    http://tinyurl.com/9xkjx
    Tom Zielinski Wrote:
    > Some clarifications :
    > -
    > From my understanding, the T608 will do both 14.4 and 1xrtt data on-
    > verizon. I used one for the past year with 1xrtt over bluetooth (so i
    > know that definitely works), but never tried 14.4. When it gives a
    > vision username/password error that's just a hard coded error means it
    > cannot authenticate you on the high speed network.
    >
    > Got an e-mail from adam earlier today (i'm the one that sold it to
    > him), he was able to get the phone working at 14.4 by using this init
    > string
    >
    > at$qcqnc=1;at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2
    >
    > He mentioned the connection dropping after a few minutes, but I
    > suspect
    > it may just be a timeout issue.
    >

    > -Tom
    >
    > PS. still have a few t608's for sale.
    >
    > Steve Sobol wrote:-
    > Adam wrote:-
    > I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
    > connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon--
    > Wireless--
    > network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
    > "at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
    > service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
    > "Verifying username and password". Any advice?-
    >

    > Er, I don't think it'll work on QNC either. I'm pretty sure the-
    > Vision phones-
    > can't do 14.4K data at all. Apologies for not answering your
    > question-
    > in the-
    > first post. I'm a little under the weather today.
    >

    > --
    > JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET-
    > (4638)-
    > Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP:-
    > 0xE3AE35ED-
    >
    > "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
    > --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"-

    --
    harty83

    Excellent! I followed your steps and it worked fine. Good work, man!

Verizon Laptops Connection Sony Ericsson Internet Service Providers