QNC with Sony Ericsson T608 on Verizon

Adam

I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon Wireless
network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
"at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
"Verifying username and password". Any advice?

-Adam

Adam wrote:
> I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
> connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon Wireless
> network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
> "at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
> service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
> "Verifying username and password". Any advice?

I doubt you'll be able to use a PCS Vision phone on VZ NationalAccess.
Not for data, anyhow. Shouldn't be any problems using it for voice calls
assuming you've been able to unlock it.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Adam wrote:
> I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
> connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon Wireless
> network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
> "at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
> service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
> "Verifying username and password". Any advice?

Er, I don't think it'll work on QNC either. I'm pretty sure the Vision phones
can't do 14.4K data at all. Apologies for not answering your question in the
first post. I'm a little under the weather today.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Some clarifications :

>From my understanding, the T608 will do both 14.4 and 1xrtt data on
verizon. I used one for the past year with 1xrtt over bluetooth (so i
know that definitely works), but never tried 14.4. When it gives a
vision username/password error that's just a hard coded error means it
cannot authenticate you on the high speed network.

Got an e-mail from adam earlier today (i'm the one that sold it to
him), he was able to get the phone working at 14.4 by using this init
string

at$qcqnc=1;at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2

He mentioned the connection dropping after a few minutes, but I suspect
it may just be a timeout issue.

-Tom

PS. still have a few t608's for sale.

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Adam wrote:
> > I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
> > connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon
Wireless
> > network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
> > "at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
> > service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
> > "Verifying username and password". Any advice?
>

> Er, I don't think it'll work on QNC either. I'm pretty sure the
Vision phones
> can't do 14.4K data at all. Apologies for not answering your question
in the
> first post. I'm a little under the weather today.
>

> --
> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET
(4638)
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP:
0xE3AE35ED

> "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
> --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

I have been able to use my t608 to access both the qnc and the national
access networks using windows xp. I've posted how I did this here
http://tinyurl.com/9xkjx
Tom Zielinski Wrote:
> Some clarifications :
> -
> From my understanding, the T608 will do both 14.4 and 1xrtt data on-
> verizon. I used one for the past year with 1xrtt over bluetooth (so i
> know that definitely works), but never tried 14.4. When it gives a
> vision username/password error that's just a hard coded error means it
> cannot authenticate you on the high speed network.
>
> Got an e-mail from adam earlier today (i'm the one that sold it to
> him), he was able to get the phone working at 14.4 by using this init
> string
>
> at$qcqnc=1;at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2
>
> He mentioned the connection dropping after a few minutes, but I
> suspect
> it may just be a timeout issue.
>

> -Tom
>
> PS. still have a few t608's for sale.
>
> Steve Sobol wrote:-
> Adam wrote:-
> I'm trying to get a QNC (#777 qnc/qnc) cell-to-laptop bluetooth
> connection working with a Sony Ericsson T608 on the Verizon--
> Wireless--
> network. Right now, I have my modem init string set to
> "at$qcmip=0;at$qcmdr=2". When I try to connect, it flashes "Vision
> service is not available" on the phone and the laptop hangs on
> "Verifying username and password". Any advice?-
>

> Er, I don't think it'll work on QNC either. I'm pretty sure the-
> Vision phones-
> can't do 14.4K data at all. Apologies for not answering your
> question-
> in the-
> first post. I'm a little under the weather today.
>

> --
> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET-
> (4638)-
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP:-
> 0xE3AE35ED-
>
> "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
> --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"-

--
harty83