Prin ter folder is empty; Add printer wizard doesn't work

I have just ended to install SP2 on a system WindowsXP SP1.
Before the updating it resulted installed a printer; now
this printer is not more present in the list of the
printers.
Besides, the option of addition printing it doesn't work.
I have tried to stop and restart the spooling service, but
it is not enough.
I have also tried uselessly the reassigning of the
typology of the users.
I remember that this problem also introduced him with
Windows2K.
8
answers
Last reply
More about prin folder empty printer wizard doesn work

    I forgot: the printer is listed by other programs, what
    Belarc Advisor, Fresh Diagnose, etc.

    I have uninstalled the SP2, returning to the SP1.
    Now the option "Add Printer Wizard" works, but the
    printers continue to be "invisible", also those just
    reinstalled.

    When you start the Print Spooler, what error message appears on the screen?
    www.coribright.com

    "Paolo" <paololrp@tiscali.it> wrote in message
    >I have just ended to install SP2 on a system WindowsXP SP1.
    > Before the updating it resulted installed a printer; now
    > this printer is not more present in the list of the
    > printers.
    > Besides, the option of addition printing it doesn't work.
    > I have tried to stop and restart the spooling service, but
    > it is not enough.
    > I have also tried uselessly the reassigning of the
    > typology of the users.
    > I remember that this problem also introduced him with
    > Windows2K.

    No errors are displayed!

    Windows, the marvelous one!
    As it often happens, in inexplicable way, the things stop
    working...
    .... and then, in way as many inexplicable, they start over
    working!
    As last beach, I have reinstalled the SP2, and immediately
    after the reboot of the system, in the printer folder
    there were again the printers that had shaped!
    Moral: as happened with Windows 2000, also with Windows XP
    can be enough to repeat the installation of the updatings!
    Question: when it is that Windows will become "really"
    stable?

    I am havinmg the same problem with all my printers
    installed. Two physical printers and Adobe Acrobat. I
    restored my system to before installing SP2 and they are
    back, but my MS Office 2003 will not work withour SP2.
    Any patches for this issue would be great.

    But doesn't end here!
    Obviously the problem was returned and on some systems the re-installation
    of the "Service Pack 2" has not resolved the problem.
    In more, such problem also introduces him on some systems "Windows 2000",
    therefore not only on "Windows XP".
    I have tried to resolve the problem as suggested by various resolutions of
    the Microsoft knowledge base", but them had not worked:
    1) restoration of the "monitor of the local ports to the value localspl.dll";
    2) elimination of the various present dlls in %SystemRoot%.
    I have noticed that the problem introduces more frequently on systems in
    which I have been installed "particular" programs, for instance:
    1) Real VNC;
    2) Pragma TelNet Manager;
    3) Symantec pcAnyWhere.
    Do you have other suggestions - except, obviously, that of re-installation
    of the Operating System?
    Thank you
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Have you installed any printers?

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Paolo" <Paolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > But doesn't end here!
    > Obviously the problem was returned and on some systems the re-installation
    > of the "Service Pack 2" has not resolved the problem.
    > In more, such problem also introduces him on some systems "Windows 2000",
    > therefore not only on "Windows XP".
    > I have tried to resolve the problem as suggested by various resolutions of
    > the Microsoft knowledge base", but them had not worked:
    > 1) restoration of the "monitor of the local ports to the value
    > localspl.dll";
    > 2) elimination of the various present dlls in %SystemRoot%.
    > I have noticed that the problem introduces more frequently on systems in
    > which I have been installed "particular" programs, for instance:
    > 1) Real VNC;
    > 2) Pragma TelNet Manager;
    > 3) Symantec pcAnyWhere.
    > Do you have other suggestions - except, obviously, that of re-installation
    > of the Operating System?
    > Thank you

Microsoft Printers Windows XP