Faxing with ADSL Broadband connection

I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
receiving faxes.

Can anyone suggest why?
8 answers Last reply
More about faxing adsl broadband connection

    Well unless ur comter is still connected to the anolog
    line through a v9.0 anolog moem ASWELL AS through the
    adsl modem, then this aint gonna happen

    No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.

    "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
    > receiving faxes.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest why?

    Thanks for the help Dan

    "Dan" wrote:

    > Well unless ur comter is still connected to the anolog
    > line through a v9.0 anolog moem ASWELL AS through the
    > adsl modem, then this aint gonna happen

    Thanks for your help Pivert

    "Pivert" wrote:

    > No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.
    >
    > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > > I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
    > > receiving faxes.
    > >
    > > Can anyone suggest why?

    If you ever had or still have your fax/voice capable anolog modem in your
    computer you can hook up your phone line [anolog] to the modem intall in
    line filters obtained from Radio Shack or DSL provider. Provided that your
    anolog modem is compatible with XP. Then you can fax.

    "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your help Pivert
    >
    > "Pivert" wrote:
    >
    > > No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.
    > >
    > > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > > > I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
    > > > receiving faxes.
    > > >
    > > > Can anyone suggest why?

    Thanks Victor

    "Victor D." wrote:

    > If you ever had or still have your fax/voice capable anolog modem in your
    > computer you can hook up your phone line [anolog] to the modem intall in
    > line filters obtained from Radio Shack or DSL provider. Provided that your
    > anolog modem is compatible with XP. Then you can fax.
    >

    > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for your help Pivert
    > >
    > > "Pivert" wrote:
    > >
    > > > No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.
    > > >
    > > > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de

    Maybe someone can help me? I want to hook my modem or phone up so that I can
    use my fax, I do not know how to do that or what spaces to put the cables in
    helpf

    "gunga" wrote:

    > Thanks Victor
    >
    > "Victor D." wrote:
    >
    > > If you ever had or still have your fax/voice capable anolog modem in your
    > > computer you can hook up your phone line [anolog] to the modem intall in
    > > line filters obtained from Radio Shack or DSL provider. Provided that your
    > > anolog modem is compatible with XP. Then you can fax.
    > >

    > > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks for your help Pivert

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Your ADSL provider should have instructions on how to connect a standard
    voice telephone to the ADSL line. This usually involves connecting the ADSL
    line to a filter unit, then connecting the phone to the output of the
    filter. In modem terms, you'd connect the "Line" connector on the modem to
    the output connector of the filter. Your ADSL provider should have these
    filter units as well as instructions on their use, so should your local
    Radio Shack store:

    http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Debbi" <Debbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Maybe someone can help me? I want to hook my modem or phone up so that I
    can
    > use my fax, I do not know how to do that or what spaces to put the cables
    in
    > helpf
    >
    > "gunga" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks Victor
    > >
    > > "Victor D." wrote:
    > >
    > > > If you ever had or still have your fax/voice capable anolog modem in
    your
    > > > computer you can hook up your phone line [anolog] to the modem intall
    in
    > > > line filters obtained from Radio Shack or DSL provider. Provided that
    your
    > > > anolog modem is compatible with XP. Then you can fax.
    > > >

    > > > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Broadband Connection Microsoft Windows XP