Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Faxing with ADSL Broadband connection

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 10:11:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
receiving faxes.

Can anyone suggest why?
October 7, 2004 2:47:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Well unless ur comter is still connected to the anolog
line through a v9.0 anolog moem ASWELL AS through the
adsl modem, then this aint gonna happen
>-----Original Message-----
>I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC
for sending &
>receiving faxes.
>
>Can anyone suggest why?
>
>.
>
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 1:59:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.

"gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:490D5D10-23DD-436D-B560-883A56F73D19@microsoft.com...
> I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
> receiving faxes.
>
> Can anyone suggest why?
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 5:13:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Thanks for the help Dan

"Dan" wrote:

> Well unless ur comter is still connected to the anolog
> line through a v9.0 anolog moem ASWELL AS through the
> adsl modem, then this aint gonna happen
> >-----Original Message-----
> >I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC
> for sending &
> >receiving faxes.
> >
> >Can anyone suggest why?
> >
> >.
> >
>
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 5:13:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Thanks for your help Pivert

"Pivert" wrote:

> No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.
>
> "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> news:490D5D10-23DD-436D-B560-883A56F73D19@microsoft.com...
> > I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
> > receiving faxes.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest why?
> >
>
>
>
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 11:37:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

If you ever had or still have your fax/voice capable anolog modem in your
computer you can hook up your phone line [anolog] to the modem intall in
line filters obtained from Radio Shack or DSL provider. Provided that your
anolog modem is compatible with XP. Then you can fax.


"gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2A9D48D9-6B13-445A-B16F-4FAA78074E2F@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for your help Pivert
>
> "Pivert" wrote:
>
> > No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.
> >
> > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > news:490D5D10-23DD-436D-B560-883A56F73D19@microsoft.com...
> > > I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
> > > receiving faxes.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest why?
> > >
> >
> >
> >
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 7:17:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Thanks Victor

"Victor D." wrote:

> If you ever had or still have your fax/voice capable anolog modem in your
> computer you can hook up your phone line [anolog] to the modem intall in
> line filters obtained from Radio Shack or DSL provider. Provided that your
> anolog modem is compatible with XP. Then you can fax.
>
>
> "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2A9D48D9-6B13-445A-B16F-4FAA78074E2F@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for your help Pivert
> >
> > "Pivert" wrote:
> >
> > > No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.
> > >
> > > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > > news:490D5D10-23DD-436D-B560-883A56F73D19@microsoft.com...
> > > > I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
> > > > receiving faxes.
> > > >
> > > > Can anyone suggest why?
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
>
>
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 4:43:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Maybe someone can help me? I want to hook my modem or phone up so that I can
use my fax, I do not know how to do that or what spaces to put the cables in
helpf

"gunga" wrote:

> Thanks Victor
>
> "Victor D." wrote:
>
> > If you ever had or still have your fax/voice capable anolog modem in your
> > computer you can hook up your phone line [anolog] to the modem intall in
> > line filters obtained from Radio Shack or DSL provider. Provided that your
> > anolog modem is compatible with XP. Then you can fax.
> >
> >
> > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:2A9D48D9-6B13-445A-B16F-4FAA78074E2F@microsoft.com...
> > > Thanks for your help Pivert
> > >
> > > "Pivert" wrote:
> > >
> > > > No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.
> > > >
> > > > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > > > news:490D5D10-23DD-436D-B560-883A56F73D19@microsoft.com...
> > > > > I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for sending &
> > > > > receiving faxes.
> > > > >
> > > > > Can anyone suggest why?
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> >
> >
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 10:44:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Your ADSL provider should have instructions on how to connect a standard
voice telephone to the ADSL line. This usually involves connecting the ADSL
line to a filter unit, then connecting the phone to the output of the
filter. In modem terms, you'd connect the "Line" connector on the modem to
the output connector of the filter. Your ADSL provider should have these
filter units as well as instructions on their use, so should your local
Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=C...(keyword)

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Debbi" <Debbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7B388CFE-C7CF-42B6-8013-C7BCC76288AC@microsoft.com...
> Maybe someone can help me? I want to hook my modem or phone up so that I
can
> use my fax, I do not know how to do that or what spaces to put the cables
in
> helpf
>
> "gunga" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Victor
> >
> > "Victor D." wrote:
> >
> > > If you ever had or still have your fax/voice capable anolog modem in
your
> > > computer you can hook up your phone line [anolog] to the modem intall
in
> > > line filters obtained from Radio Shack or DSL provider. Provided that
your
> > > anolog modem is compatible with XP. Then you can fax.
> > >
> > >
> > > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:2A9D48D9-6B13-445A-B16F-4FAA78074E2F@microsoft.com...
> > > > Thanks for your help Pivert
> > > >
> > > > "Pivert" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > No fax with ADSL. You need analog modem to fax.
> > > > >
> > > > > "gunga" <gunga@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message
de
> > > > > news:490D5D10-23DD-436D-B560-883A56F73D19@microsoft.com...
> > > > > > I have a BT ADSL Broadband line & am unable to use my PC for
sending &
> > > > > > receiving faxes.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Can anyone suggest why?
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
!