Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo Coming to PC

Last response: in News comments
January 28, 2011 6:06:05 PM

But can the crysis 2 demo play crysis 2?
Score
January 28, 2011 6:09:42 PM

Yeah because if they abandon their original base PC Gamers, they will end up like MW, hated.
Score
Related resources
January 28, 2011 6:13:12 PM

About to say...Crysis was a PC exclusive and it would be a shame if it went the path of another well known, now not, PC only game *Cough* Battlefield *Cough*

On another note, sweet. I can't wait to try it out.
Score
January 28, 2011 6:19:58 PM

wfrantzBut can the crysis 2 demo play crysis 2?

Only on the PC :p 
Score
January 28, 2011 6:26:44 PM

Wonder whose arm they had to twist...
Score
January 28, 2011 6:30:00 PM

They're probably only doing this because pc people were threatening to boycott, hurting their profits.

Just like how they blamed "piracy" for not making pc exclusives as an excuse to take part in the more lucrative console market.
Score
January 28, 2011 6:46:05 PM

XD_duedThey're probably only doing this because pc people were threatening to boycott, hurting their profits.Just like how they blamed "piracy" for not making pc exclusives as an excuse to take part in the more lucrative console market.

You think piracy isn't a big deal?
Score
January 28, 2011 6:56:43 PM

Romeka BonafaceYou think piracy isn't a big deal?

not that piracy isnt a big deal, its just crytek acted like "oh we know crysis is a great game, the only reason it didnt set records is because of piracy". no, it didnt sell millions of copies because it was only on pc and was a very demanding game as far as hardware goes. they also didnt put it on steam right out of the gate :( .as a result their market was very small compared to a game like half life 2 that runs on almost anything.
Score
January 28, 2011 7:00:18 PM

I wounder what the PC video specs are. Probably a Ati x1950. That because its close to what the 360(modified X700 core) and PS3(7900GT) have it it and i throw my x1950 away a years ago. To bad there writing games for half a decade old hardware. Does it bother anyones else that the fist crisis was not ported to the ps3 or 360? Wont even run on a ps3 or 360 because they where to slow?
Score
January 28, 2011 7:01:27 PM

still offered to gold members only... lame
Score
January 28, 2011 7:04:13 PM

Quote:
no, it didnt sell millions of copies because it was only on pc and was a very demanding game as far as hardware goes. they also didnt put it on steam right out of the gate :( .as a result their market was very small compared to a game like half life 2 that runs on almost anything.

I also thought it didn't sell well because the game was "alright" but not great. I didn't finish the single player to Crysis or Warhead and hardly played online. If anything, the tough hardware requirements helped sell the game since Crysis is still the game to test your pc on.

I have played the demo on the xbox. Not really impressed at all. Very forgettable. The graphics are terrible - like MW1 but not as smooth looking.
Score
January 28, 2011 7:04:38 PM

fuzzyplanktonI wounder what the PC video specs are. Probably a Ati x1950. That because its close to what the 360(modified X700 core) and PS3(7900GT) have it it and i throw my x1950 away a years ago. To bad there writing games for half a decade old hardware. Does it bother anyones else that the fist crisis was not ported to the ps3 or 360? Wont even run on a ps3 or 360 because they where to slow?

i think crytek said in the past the problem was the lack of memory on consoles. i wonder what they're doing differently in crysis 2?
Score
January 28, 2011 7:05:20 PM

No its not. The first Crysis sold 3 million copies, and the expansion sold 1.5 million copies. However it was also the most pirated game for awhile so Crytek said that they would never do another PC exclusive, but this was right after Crysis had sold double their expectations. Crytek got greedy, it had nothing to do with piracy, which was just their scapegoat for their fucking greed.

Unless Crysis 2 is amazing and is in no way a console port, but a real PC game with console versions, Crytek can go kill themselves for all I care.
Score
January 28, 2011 7:06:47 PM

jlefebre6001not that piracy isnt a big deal, its just crytek acted like "oh we know crysis is a great game, the only reason it didnt set records is because of piracy". no, it didnt sell millions of copies because it was only on pc and was a very demanding game as far as hardware goes. they also didnt put it on steam right out of the gate .as a result their market was very small compared to a game like half life 2 that runs on almost anything.

It has sold 3 million copies to date and turned profitable despite $22 m development cost.

So it has sold millions of copies, "despite" being a PC only exclusive. Developers just hate the fact that it's easy to keep track of how much money they are theoretically losing due to piracy.
Score
January 28, 2011 7:11:04 PM

Also people should remember that Crysis was one of the all-time best selling PC games ever created. It also wouldn't run on any computer but the absolute best out there, had a shaky single player, and a poor multiplayer. So tell me, why did it sell so much?

Here's something Crytek could have done to increase sales AND not alienate their original consumer base, which seems to be oh so popular anymore. Make a good game that isn't just pretty, with optimized settings and a good multiplayer.
Score
January 28, 2011 7:11:41 PM

The multi platform idea has killed PC games. I'm sorry they're doing this to the Crysis series. Should've kept it on PC only. If it wasn't for the recession, Crysis 1 would've been more popular, simply because most gamers didn't have a rig to be able to play it, or at least didn't know enough hacks to tweak their system to make it playable.
Score
January 28, 2011 7:26:37 PM

speedemonOnly on the PC

It's not a good sign that they released it first for 360. I keep seeing people talk about how they don't care about pc gamers and I'm starting to think that's true.
Score
January 28, 2011 7:45:29 PM

BF3 BF3 BF3 BF3 BF3 BF3!!!!
That's all that matters in PC gaming for 2011.
BF3 BF3 BF3 BF3 BF3 BF3!!!!
Score
January 28, 2011 7:48:32 PM

JOSHSKORNThe multi platform idea has killed PC games. I'm sorry they're doing this to the Crysis series. Should've kept it on PC only. If it wasn't for the recession, Crysis 1 would've been more popular, simply because most gamers didn't have a rig to be able to play it, or at least didn't know enough hacks to tweak their system to make it playable.

LOL. What are you talking about? The recession? Hardware from 2009 couldn't "max" crysis at 1920x1080 over even 60 fps... ever. The recession didn't even actually start until 2008.

jlefebre6001not that piracy isnt a big deal, its just crytek acted like "oh we know crysis is a great game, the only reason it didnt set records is because of piracy". no, it didnt sell millions of copies because it was only on pc and was a very demanding game as far as hardware goes. they also didnt put it on steam right out of the gate .as a result their market was very small compared to a game like half life 2 that runs on almost anything.

When half life 2 released it was a fairly demanding game as far as the highest settings and resolutions.

Crysis didn't sell well because you needed to spend 5,000 dollars just to play it properly, which is why it wasn't marketed to any mainstream audience. Then it was stolen a million times. I don't know what you guys are talking about with this 3 million copies doubling their expectations in a recession and "greed" mumbo jumbo.
Score
Anonymous
January 28, 2011 7:53:14 PM

I will quit gaming before I buy a console...
Score
January 28, 2011 8:16:07 PM

Well lets hope it doesn't suck. It sucks to see these games going to consoles.. I agree with the one dude, BF3 is one of my most awaited games. and it BETTER be PC only. Keep bad company series to consoles.
Score
January 28, 2011 9:03:18 PM

I have lost a bit of hope for Crysis 2. My brother told me he thought the multiplayer (for xbox) reminded him of COD, which I don't find too impressive. Also, the maximum players is capped at 12? I was hoping that would be increased for pc's but it doesn't look like it.

I also agree with the guy about BF3. That is easily my most anticipated game. If Crysis 2 ends up falling short, I have TF2 and BC2 to hold me over until BF3 comes out. Heck, I wasn't even going to buy any more shooters until BF3 came out, but when Steam had that huge sale on BC2 I couldn't resist :) 
Score
January 28, 2011 9:11:30 PM

So, my brother played the demo on the XBOX 360 2-3 days ago. He told me he didn't like the multi-player at all. He's a pretty avid XBOX LIVE gamer and plays everything from HALO, Gears of War, Left For Dead to BlackOps through Live.

Hopefully Crysis 2 will have some good re playability through single-player. Been looking forward to it, but the idea that MP might suck is a let down.
Score
January 29, 2011 12:54:53 AM

bogcottonIt has sold 3 million copies to date and turned profitable despite $22 m development cost.So it has sold millions of copies, "despite" being a PC only exclusive. Developers just hate the fact that it's easy to keep track of how much money they are theoretically losing due to piracy.
bogcottonIt has sold 3 million copies to date and turned profitable despite $22 m development cost.So it has sold millions of copies, "despite" being a PC only exclusive. Developers just hate the fact that it's easy to keep track of how much money they are theoretically losing due to piracy.

when i said millions i meant up until yerli made the piracy comments, which were also right around the time modern warfare sold over 2 million units vs crysis' 86,000. if crysis hadn't sold a million units by 2011, i doubt there would be a crysis 2.
Score
January 29, 2011 1:06:44 AM

brrmanI will quit gaming before I buy a console...

when half life 2 came out i had just gotten a new computer. it was a 2.4ghz p4, 1 gb ddr400, a 74gb WD raptor HDD, and a geforce 5200. the whole system cost me maybe 700-800$. not really a cheap computer except for the video card. i could run the game at 1024x768 no AA,and a couple settings on medium and it didnt look half bad at the time.
Score
January 29, 2011 2:57:23 AM

yeah hope they will make a great effort on the pc to make it agen the greatest looking game/benchmark and not like BFbc 2 that is actually now a realy bad game i miss the old days. where you culd lie down and maps where actually big enoughs to house a tank.
Score
January 29, 2011 6:48:59 AM

Piracy doesn't hurt games. Period. There is nothing that supports that fact. Those that "pirate" weren't going to buy the game in the first place. However, once they do, they are likely to buy the game for the multiplayer or to support the developer. There is no way I would spend $60 for a game I can't return, to find out it's bs!
Score
January 29, 2011 7:06:59 AM

Its funny but AMD and Nvidia keep releasing all these powerful GPUs when 3gen old gpus are running 95% of games maxed out. I wonder how they intend to sell their GPUs if games no longer take advantage of the tech.

Oh well i guess they are happy selling the piddly amount of GPUs they do sell to the Console market.
Score
January 29, 2011 8:05:19 AM

jdog2pt0About to say...Crysis was a PC exclusive and it would be a shame if it went the path of another well known, now not, PC only game *Cough* Battlefield *Cough*On another note, sweet. I can't wait to try it out.

The first Crysis had a terrible multiplayer (game modes) so I'm not sure how you can compare both. Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. DICE was surprised at how many BF:BC2 PC copies were sold. Hopefully they're not lying in saying that BF3 is receiving enormous PC development.

A lack of multiplayer and the game not being accessible on too many machines is what brought lots of piracy to the first Crysis game. It seems Crytek has learned its lesson for the second game. Can't wait to try the demo to see if they've put enough work in the PC version.
Score
January 29, 2011 3:13:26 PM

so they decide to make PC demo. will the pc demo include some single player demo as well?
Score
January 29, 2011 4:35:03 PM

elcentralyeah hope they will make a great effort on the pc to make it agen the greatest looking game/benchmark and not like BFbc 2 that is actually now a realy bad game i miss the old days. where you culd lie down and maps where actually big enoughs to house a tank.

BFBC2 is a great you are just mad that it requires skill now as opposed to the camping faggots who slow the down game by camping in prone on the edge of the map.
Score
January 30, 2011 1:58:14 AM

"Piracy doesn't hurt games. Period. There is nothing that supports that fact. Those that "pirate" weren't going to buy the game in the first place. However, once they do, they are likely to buy the game for the multiplayer or to support the developer. There is no way I would spend $60 for a game I can't return, to find out it's bs!"

agreed. i pirated crysis 1 and after i saw it i went like crazy an bought it same for MW and MW2 guess what i own them all most of the time piracy is like a demo if you like you buy it if no hoo well
Score
January 30, 2011 3:04:28 AM

if it turns into another shitty console port, i will very disappointed.
Score
January 30, 2011 2:56:43 PM

haxs101Well lets hope it doesn't suck. It sucks to see these games going to consoles.. I agree with the one dude, BF3 is one of my most awaited games. and it BETTER be PC only. Keep bad company series to consoles.

BF3 is not PC only. http://battlefield3forums.com/content/14-battlefield-3-...
Score
January 31, 2011 7:57:22 AM

Perhaps, but you know its much easier to get "pirated" games working on consoles then on PC.
And not every "illegal" download is pirate copy. Plenty of time I download iso just to avoid using using CD/DVD. After all those years its still easy to scratch disk, not even mentioning installing from is so faster and its not problem keep copy of all your games on single disk instead of having shelf or 2 full of boxes.
Score
January 31, 2011 11:32:25 AM

It better be optimized for the PC and not some shitty port that requires a supercomputer to run because of terrible coding.
Score
January 31, 2011 4:03:39 PM

Yay! Glad they listened to us.
Score
February 1, 2011 1:11:18 AM

Looking forward to it!
Score
February 3, 2011 12:57:41 PM

Heard that the demo is awesome on the 360 so it should be really good on 360 .. and yeah, it bothered me that it didnt come out on a console but this has.
Score
March 5, 2011 4:37:57 AM

Update: Crysis 2 graphics look exactly like they did the following:
1. Improved the graphics
2. Cut them down for consoles and didn't change anything for the PC version

I was disappointed with the demo. Some things looked awesome but it was obvious that a lot of shortcuts were made to support consoles.
I mean, for one, I was running it totally maxxed out at 1080p on a radeon 4850...
Score
!