Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo Coming to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
About to say...Crysis was a PC exclusive and it would be a shame if it went the path of another well known, now not, PC only game *Cough* Battlefield *Cough*

On another note, sweet. I can't wait to try it out.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
They're probably only doing this because pc people were threatening to boycott, hurting their profits.

Just like how they blamed "piracy" for not making pc exclusives as an excuse to take part in the more lucrative console market.

Romeka Bonaface

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
[citation][nom]XD_dued[/nom]They're probably only doing this because pc people were threatening to boycott, hurting their profits.Just like how they blamed "piracy" for not making pc exclusives as an excuse to take part in the more lucrative console market.[/citation]

You think piracy isn't a big deal?

jlefebre6001

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Romeka Bonaface[/nom]You think piracy isn't a big deal?[/citation]
not that piracy isnt a big deal, its just crytek acted like "oh we know crysis is a great game, the only reason it didnt set records is because of piracy". no, it didnt sell millions of copies because it was only on pc and was a very demanding game as far as hardware goes. they also didnt put it on steam right out of the gate :(.as a result their market was very small compared to a game like half life 2 that runs on almost anything.

fuzzyplankton

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
I wounder what the PC video specs are. Probably a Ati x1950. That because its close to what the 360(modified X700 core) and PS3(7900GT) have it it and i throw my x1950 away a years ago. To bad there writing games for half a decade old hardware. Does it bother anyones else that the fist crisis was not ported to the ps3 or 360? Wont even run on a ps3 or 360 because they where to slow?

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
no, it didnt sell millions of copies because it was only on pc and was a very demanding game as far as hardware goes. they also didnt put it on steam right out of the gate :(.as a result their market was very small compared to a game like half life 2 that runs on almost anything.

I also thought it didn't sell well because the game was "alright" but not great. I didn't finish the single player to Crysis or Warhead and hardly played online. If anything, the tough hardware requirements helped sell the game since Crysis is still the game to test your pc on.

I have played the demo on the xbox. Not really impressed at all. Very forgettable. The graphics are terrible - like MW1 but not as smooth looking.

jlefebre6001

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
[citation][nom]fuzzyplankton[/nom]I wounder what the PC video specs are. Probably a Ati x1950. That because its close to what the 360(modified X700 core) and PS3(7900GT) have it it and i throw my x1950 away a years ago. To bad there writing games for half a decade old hardware. Does it bother anyones else that the fist crisis was not ported to the ps3 or 360? Wont even run on a ps3 or 360 because they where to slow?[/citation]

i think crytek said in the past the problem was the lack of memory on consoles. i wonder what they're doing differently in crysis 2?

AMW1011

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Romeka Bonaface[/nom]You think piracy isn't a big deal?[/citation]

No its not. The first Crysis sold 3 million copies, and the expansion sold 1.5 million copies. However it was also the most pirated game for awhile so Crytek said that they would never do another PC exclusive, but this was right after Crysis had sold double their expectations. Crytek got greedy, it had nothing to do with piracy, which was just their scapegoat for their fucking greed.

Unless Crysis 2 is amazing and is in no way a console port, but a real PC game with console versions, Crytek can go kill themselves for all I care.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jlefebre6001[/nom]not that piracy isnt a big deal, its just crytek acted like "oh we know crysis is a great game, the only reason it didnt set records is because of piracy". no, it didnt sell millions of copies because it was only on pc and was a very demanding game as far as hardware goes. they also didnt put it on steam right out of the gate .as a result their market was very small compared to a game like half life 2 that runs on almost anything.[/citation]

It has sold 3 million copies to date and turned profitable despite $22 m development cost.

So it has sold millions of copies, "despite" being a PC only exclusive. Developers just hate the fact that it's easy to keep track of how much money they are theoretically losing due to piracy.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Also people should remember that Crysis was one of the all-time best selling PC games ever created. It also wouldn't run on any computer but the absolute best out there, had a shaky single player, and a poor multiplayer. So tell me, why did it sell so much?

Here's something Crytek could have done to increase sales AND not alienate their original consumer base, which seems to be oh so popular anymore. Make a good game that isn't just pretty, with optimized settings and a good multiplayer.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
The multi platform idea has killed PC games. I'm sorry they're doing this to the Crysis series. Should've kept it on PC only. If it wasn't for the recession, Crysis 1 would've been more popular, simply because most gamers didn't have a rig to be able to play it, or at least didn't know enough hacks to tweak their system to make it playable.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]speedemon[/nom]Only on the PC[/citation]
It's not a good sign that they released it first for 360. I keep seeing people talk about how they don't care about pc gamers and I'm starting to think that's true.

Romeka Bonaface

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]The multi platform idea has killed PC games. I'm sorry they're doing this to the Crysis series. Should've kept it on PC only. If it wasn't for the recession, Crysis 1 would've been more popular, simply because most gamers didn't have a rig to be able to play it, or at least didn't know enough hacks to tweak their system to make it playable.[/citation]

LOL. What are you talking about? The recession? Hardware from 2009 couldn't "max" crysis at 1920x1080 over even 60 fps... ever. The recession didn't even actually start until 2008.

[citation][nom]jlefebre6001[/nom]not that piracy isnt a big deal, its just crytek acted like "oh we know crysis is a great game, the only reason it didnt set records is because of piracy". no, it didnt sell millions of copies because it was only on pc and was a very demanding game as far as hardware goes. they also didnt put it on steam right out of the gate .as a result their market was very small compared to a game like half life 2 that runs on almost anything.[/citation]

When half life 2 released it was a fairly demanding game as far as the highest settings and resolutions.

Crysis didn't sell well because you needed to spend 5,000 dollars just to play it properly, which is why it wasn't marketed to any mainstream audience. Then it was stolen a million times. I don't know what you guys are talking about with this 3 million copies doubling their expectations in a recession and "greed" mumbo jumbo.

haxs101

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Well lets hope it doesn't suck. It sucks to see these games going to consoles.. I agree with the one dude, BF3 is one of my most awaited games. and it BETTER be PC only. Keep bad company series to consoles.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I have lost a bit of hope for Crysis 2. My brother told me he thought the multiplayer (for xbox) reminded him of COD, which I don't find too impressive. Also, the maximum players is capped at 12? I was hoping that would be increased for pc's but it doesn't look like it.

I also agree with the guy about BF3. That is easily my most anticipated game. If Crysis 2 ends up falling short, I have TF2 and BC2 to hold me over until BF3 comes out. Heck, I wasn't even going to buy any more shooters until BF3 came out, but when Steam had that huge sale on BC2 I couldn't resist :)

So, my brother played the demo on the XBOX 360 2-3 days ago. He told me he didn't like the multi-player at all. He's a pretty avid XBOX LIVE gamer and plays everything from HALO, Gears of War, Left For Dead to BlackOps through Live.

Hopefully Crysis 2 will have some good re playability through single-player. Been looking forward to it, but the idea that MP might suck is a let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.