Sign in with
Your question

cutting the bridges?

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 31, 2001 11:41:09 PM

how's the best way to open up the t-bird bridges? i cant get tools like dremels and no luck with a knife... any other?

peace outz!!!

More about : cutting bridges

January 1, 2002 12:31:43 AM

Laser beam? But probably out of question, using Xacto knife might be the best. May I ask why you want to do that when eveyone try to close them?

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
January 1, 2002 12:37:05 AM

there are bridges that regulate the voltage, and if you cut them, then you can close the ones you need to reach a certain oltage for your overclock...
also, what you can do is open all the l1 bridges, and close certain ones to make the cpu into another cpu...ie, make my 900 into a 1000...
i have not done any of this, and i dont know which bridges to close or open...
i just know how to unlock a cpu.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 1, 2002 3:43:55 AM

It's not neccessary to cut them because you can control it either by jumpers or via BIOS. The only thing I think some people want to cut CPU's bridges because their motherboards that don't have either jumpers, Dipswitch or BIOS support (eg. Biostar, ECS).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
January 1, 2002 8:08:28 AM

right...that is what i was talking about...

-DAvid

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 1, 2002 5:51:41 PM

my motherboard doesn't have DIP switches, BIOS has totally no multiplier support. so even if i unlock L1 - it's useless. i'm on ECS K7S5A - SiS735.

so what to do is to change them manually along the bridges. (vcore and multiplier).

as my duron isnt cable of running stable at any other than 100/100 my last choice is the multiplier...

well i just did it! nice way to start a new year! i burned them using 5v line of the PSU! hell fun! as if the bridges were back from the factory.

here's a pic - http://g2x.gq.nu/bin/openingbridge.jpg

then pencil trick to modify! cheers!

peace outz!!!
January 1, 2002 8:08:13 PM

congradulations!
btw, where did you find out how to set it up at different multipliers?
like did you find a table of how to close the bridges?
also, could you have also used a very small tipped soldering iron?

-DAvid

January 2, 2002 1:19:14 AM

sweet...thanx....

-DAvid

January 5, 2002 10:06:33 PM

Can you reconect the bridges afterwards, or burning them makes a final decesion?
I have the same mobo and Athlon 950MHz, but was reluctant to burn the bridges. Can you explaine how do you burned them using 5v line of the PSU, or point to a link or something?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 7, 2002 10:24:39 AM

yeah do it with the pencil trick!

just let the each needle touch the "dot" ends on the same bridge, then you'll see it spark.. then the bridge line is gone!

peace outz!!!
!