Adding global printers to XP

I have been using the rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry command to add
global printers to our W2k PC's. Now that we are rolling out XP I haven't
been able to get this command to work. I keep getting the error message that
the print subsystem is unavailable. Does anyone know what needs to be setup
or changed to make this work in XP.
1 answer Last reply
More about adding global printers

    See Bruce Sanderson's article at

    And ensure the Print Spooler on the PC that the printer is attached to (and
    the XP Printers) is started. From the Command Prompt, type

    net start spooler
    www.coribright.com

    "steveo" <steveo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been using the rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry command to add
    > global printers to our W2k PC's. Now that we are rolling out XP I haven't
    > been able to get this command to work. I keep getting the error message
    > that
    > the print subsystem is unavailable. Does anyone know what needs to be
    > setup
    > or changed to make this work in XP.

Windows XP Command Prompt Printers