Adding global printers to XP

October 7, 2004 11:55:13 AM

I have been using the rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry command to add
global printers to our W2k PC's. Now that we are rolling out XP I haven't
been able to get this command to work. I keep getting the error message that
the print subsystem is unavailable. Does anyone know what needs to be setup
or changed to make this work in XP.

More about : adding global printers

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 5:47:54 PM

See Bruce Sanderson's article at

And ensure the Print Spooler on the PC that the printer is attached to (and
the XP Printers) is started. From the Command Prompt, type

net start spooler
www.coribright.com

!