Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Since I upgraded to xp, I have had to use the bjc4200
driver for my multipass, and print in dos. However, I am
now getting a message every time I boot up, telling me
that plug & play has detected my multipass and to install
the software. The problem is that it wont allow me to
install using the discs supplied. I have even tried
downloading from canons web site, but still no use. How
do I either get the correct software, or get rid of the
message?

Follow the instructions at my website up to and including Step 5.

After the reboot, connect the printer to the PC. When it detects the
printer, see whether it will now install either the correct drivers or
install those for the BJC-4xxx series. As you know the C20 was designed for
Windows 3.1 and isn't really compatible with either 2000 or XP.
www.coribright.com

"Tom" <tom@currie8.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Since I upgraded to xp, I have had to use the bjc4200
> driver for my multipass, and print in dos. However, I am
> now getting a message every time I boot up, telling me
> that plug & play has detected my multipass and to install
> the software. The problem is that it wont allow me to
> install using the discs supplied. I have even tried
> downloading from canons web site, but still no use. How
> do I either get the correct software, or get rid of the
> message?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Tried what you suggested, but when I tried installing
original drivers message said "cannot install hardware,
the specified datatype is invalid". I loaded driver for
bjc4200, but windows still detects the multipass, and
asks for software to be installed!
Any thing else you could suggest except buying a new
printer?

I think at this point in time it is probably reasonable to retire the older
unit and purchase something a little more up to date. I think you will
actually be pleased with the result, the newer All in One units are much
faster and produce much better results in printing.
www.coribright.com