Sign in with
Your question

Fps problems in Shogun 2

Last response: in Video Games
July 15, 2012 12:05:07 PM

So, I got my first proper gaming computer a couple of days back.
It's been working fine on Mount and Blade getting 120 fps on high settings is really fun, I then tried to play shogun 2 and the fps was abysmal I turned down everything and it was still really bad, I thought it may have been my drivers but I went on the nvidia website and updated it. But still the same problem. The loading screens are ridiculously long and even the menu and starting cutscenes have terrible fps (10-20). The game is completely un=playable, I checked on 'can I run this' and they said I met the recommended requirements but I can barely get 20 fps on the lowest of the low settings.

Need some serious help, and also this may seem a bit rude as I have just signed up to make this post but this is very urgent.
Here are my specs and settings in game.

[/img]

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

More about : fps problems shogun

July 15, 2012 9:46:27 PM

Your specs should be able to play Shogun 2 on high. I don't know if its the problem but your motherboard temperature is very high 47C (mine is 1C below my CPU temp. currently)at idle. What temps does everything reach when you try to play Shogun 2.
July 15, 2012 10:10:42 PM

simon12 said:
Your specs should be able to play Shogun 2 on high. I don't know if its the problem but your motherboard temperature is very high 47C (mine is 1C below my CPU temp. currently)at idle. What temps does everything reach when you try to play Shogun 2.

What specs? The only thing I saw was a 550ti, and that coupled with a similar CPU won't handle Shogun 2 above 35-40 fps on most occasions. That game can become incredibly demanding as it goes on.

OP, the loading screens in Shogun 2 will always be long. You need to post your CPU and the rest of your computer's specs to give a better idea of what exactly you're playing on. Comparing Mount and Blade to Shogun 2 is like comparing Duke Nukem 3D to Crysis. Shogun might not look like much, but it can get intense on the CPU and even the GPU as large scenes are rendered with HDR/Bloom and any amount of anti-aliasing, during certain parts of the campaign.

To be clear, you shouldn't be having such bad performance on any modest hardware as to be at 20 fps on low settings, so it seems most like a driver issue.
Related resources
July 15, 2012 11:11:22 PM

he posteed this but it didn't work
July 15, 2012 11:16:24 PM

How do I find out if it's a driver issue?
July 15, 2012 11:22:39 PM

Update your Graphics card driver.
July 15, 2012 11:24:18 PM

Well with that hardware it should run better than it is, but even with better hardware the game will often struggle at 45 fps in some scenarios. Try going to an earlier driverset, maybe the 295 drivers which were pretty stable. Also get afterburner or something to monitor your GPU's load and temp, and post that info.
July 15, 2012 11:40:16 PM

I have the specs were posted in the original post, or look in simon12's post.

Also my drivers for my gpu are 100% updated.
July 15, 2012 11:42:55 PM

DimbleDork said:
I have the specs were posted in the original post, or look in simon12's post.

Also my drivers for my gpu are 100% updated.

You posted some info, but not the info that I asked for in the second post, and you don't seem to have read it much at all since I suggested rolling back to an earlier driver to see if there's an issue with the new drivers. Since you don't seem to care to troubleshoot it, good luck getting it to run guy.
July 15, 2012 11:45:25 PM

I did read what you said and I just finished installing old drivers.
!