  • Backup
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
March 8, 2005 8:31:57 AM

Question - I currently use a Verizon-branded v710. I ran across an
exceptional deal on an unlocked, non-Verizon branded v710 and
purchased it as a backup. (not on Ebay but through a friend). Will
there be any problems activating this? I'm going to do an ESN swap to
make sure it works as he'll refund my money if it doesn't. Will
Verizon stores flash phones that weren't purchased through them?
Will any features not work properly with Verizon?

More about : verizon branded v710

March 8, 2005 6:00:31 PM

"cmoschip" <usenetATcmoschip.cotse.net@> wrote in message
> Question - I currently use a Verizon-branded v710. I ran across an
> exceptional deal on an unlocked, non-Verizon branded v710 and
> purchased it as a backup. (not on Ebay but through a friend). Will
> there be any problems activating this? I'm going to do an ESN swap to
> make sure it works as he'll refund my money if it doesn't. Will
> Verizon stores flash phones that weren't purchased through them?
> Will any features not work properly with Verizon?

If its unlocked, it should work fine as far as voice goes. For all the
optional stuff IE: Get It Now, etc, then it would require flashing.
Shouldn't be a problem to get that done at a service center.

KC
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:56:24 AM

cmoschip wrote:
> Question - I currently use a Verizon-branded v710. I ran across an
> exceptional deal on an unlocked, non-Verizon branded v710 and
> purchased it as a backup. (not on Ebay but through a friend). Will
> there be any problems activating this? I'm going to do an ESN swap to
> make sure it works as he'll refund my money if it doesn't. Will
> Verizon stores flash phones that weren't purchased through them?
> Will any features not work properly with Verizon?

If you need file transfer via bluetooth and you get it flashes, you may
lose that funcionality.

TH
March 9, 2005 4:56:25 AM

Thanks for the replies - I'll see what happens. It was such a good
deal it's really kind of a "back up" right now. I'm hard on phones -
dropping them frequenlty and water/moisture hasn't been too good to
any of the ones I've owned. :)

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:56:24 GMT, Tropical Haven <user@example.net>
wrote:

>cmoschip wrote:
>> Question - I currently use a Verizon-branded v710. I ran across an
>> exceptional deal on an unlocked, non-Verizon branded v710 and
>> purchased it as a backup. (not on Ebay but through a friend). Will
>> there be any problems activating this? I'm going to do an ESN swap to
>> make sure it works as he'll refund my money if it doesn't. Will
>> Verizon stores flash phones that weren't purchased through them?
>> Will any features not work properly with Verizon?
>
>If you need file transfer via bluetooth and you get it flashes, you may
>lose that funcionality.
>
>TH
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 1:14:17 AM