Viewing and previewing fax messages sent

Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?
3 answers Last reply
More about viewing previewing messages sent

    A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
    in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
    Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
    You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console

    These may also apply:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
    Internet Security
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
    Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
    computer

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Ron Savoie" <savoie@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
    > Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
    > can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
    > seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
    > option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?

    Dear Hal,
    I seems to have this problem, though I have installed SP2. I got a new DELL
    computer, with all new updates and XP. When I try to send a fax without the
    automatized flyleaf, it does alright, but when I try to send it WITH the
    flyleaf, it will not show in preview and will not fax.

    Why? Could someone help me?

    With kind regards,
    - Johan.

    "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" wrote:

    > A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
    > in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
    > Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following article:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
    > You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console
    >
    > These may also apply:
    >
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    > Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
    > Internet Security
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
    > Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
    > computer
    >
    > Hal
    > --
    > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
    > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    >
    > "Ron Savoie" <savoie@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
    > > Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
    > > can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
    > > seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
    > > option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?

    Can you check the permission on the CoverPage? I mean the "flyleaf" you
    chose during the fax. If it is a local cover page file, browse to that
    directory and check the permission on the file.

    Thanks,
    Anand

    --
    Ananda Sarkar

    purposes only.

    "Joh" <Joh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear Hal,
    > I seems to have this problem, though I have installed SP2. I got a new
    DELL
    > computer, with all new updates and XP. When I try to send a fax without
    the
    > automatized flyleaf, it does alright, but when I try to send it WITH the
    > flyleaf, it will not show in preview and will not fax.
    >
    > Why? Could someone help me?
    >
    > With kind regards,
    > - Johan.
    >
    > "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" wrote:
    >
    > > A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax
    Monitor
    > > in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in
    Service
    > > Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following
    article:

    > > You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console
    > >
    > > These may also apply:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    > > Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
    > > Internet Security

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
    > > Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start
    the
    > > computer
    > >
    > > Hal
    > > --
    > > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
    > > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
    > > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
    > > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    > >
    > > "Ron Savoie" <savoie@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > > Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
    > > > Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
    > > > can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
    > > > seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
    > > > option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?

Fax Microsoft Format Windows XP