Viewing and previewing fax messages sent

Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?

A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console

These may also apply:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
Internet Security
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
computer

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Ron Savoie" <savoie@cox.net> wrote in message
> Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
> Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
> can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
> seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
> option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?

Dear Hal,
I seems to have this problem, though I have installed SP2. I got a new DELL
computer, with all new updates and XP. When I try to send a fax without the
automatized flyleaf, it does alright, but when I try to send it WITH the
flyleaf, it will not show in preview and will not fax.

Why? Could someone help me?

With kind regards,
- Johan.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" wrote:

> A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
> in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
> Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
> You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console
>
> These may also apply:
>
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
> Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
> Internet Security
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
> Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
> computer
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Ron Savoie" <savoie@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
> > Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
> > can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
> > seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
> > option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?

Can you check the permission on the CoverPage? I mean the "flyleaf" you
chose during the fax. If it is a local cover page file, browse to that
directory and check the permission on the file.

Thanks,
Anand

--
Ananda Sarkar