Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Viewing and previewing fax messages sent

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 3:26:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 2:34:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console

These may also apply:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6d...
Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
Internet Security
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c21...
Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
computer

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Ron Savoie" <savoie@cox.net> wrote in message
news:0e0401c4ac9b$2a03d8a0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
> Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
> can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
> seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
> option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 4:49:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Dear Hal,
I seems to have this problem, though I have installed SP2. I got a new DELL
computer, with all new updates and XP. When I try to send a fax without the
automatized flyleaf, it does alright, but when I try to send it WITH the
flyleaf, it will not show in preview and will not fax.

Why? Could someone help me?

With kind regards,
- Johan.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" wrote:

> A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
> in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
> Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
> You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console
>
> These may also apply:
>
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6d...
> Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
> Internet Security
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c21...
> Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
> computer
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Ron Savoie" <savoie@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:0e0401c4ac9b$2a03d8a0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> > Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
> > Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
> > can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
> > seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
> > option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?
>
>
>
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 5:34:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Can you check the permission on the CoverPage? I mean the "flyleaf" you
chose during the fax. If it is a local cover page file, browse to that
directory and check the permission on the file.

Thanks,
Anand

--
Ananda Sarkar
Microsoft Printing, Imaging and Fax Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.

"Joh" <Joh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EFD1B6EB-EE2F-45DD-B7D3-9E922E052568@microsoft.com...
> Dear Hal,
> I seems to have this problem, though I have installed SP2. I got a new
DELL
> computer, with all new updates and XP. When I try to send a fax without
the
> automatized flyleaf, it does alright, but when I try to send it WITH the
> flyleaf, it will not show in preview and will not fax.
>
> Why? Could someone help me?
>
> With kind regards,
> - Johan.
>
> "Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" wrote:
>
> > A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax
Monitor
> > in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in
Service
> > Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following
article:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
> > You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console
> >
> > These may also apply:
> >
> >
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6d...
> > Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
> > Internet Security
> >
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c21...
> > Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start
the
> > computer
> >
> > Hal
> > --
> > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
> >
> > "Ron Savoie" <savoie@cox.net> wrote in message
> > news:0e0401c4ac9b$2a03d8a0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> > > Cannot preview fax prior to sending as the window states.
> > > Once the fax has been sent cannot view the sent fax but
> > > can print it out. The fax is in the .tif format, which
> > > seems to be the problem, but that's the way the fax
> > > option created it. What's the problem and what's the cure?
> >
> >
> >
!