Confusing graphs for water coolers

cpuwiz

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2001
I'm confused by the graphs for the Innovatek and Swiftech water coolers. The best Innovatek cooler runs 8 degrees cooler than the air cooler in the article, and that is at maximum power. The Innovatek is only 2-3 degrees cooler than the Swiftech. Are these differences worth getting excited about? (I'm not a water cooler expert)

Also, THG's homemade water cooler ($115 March 2001) held a Duron 750 at 24 degrees. How does it fare using the new standard test setup?

Inexpensive programmers are too expensive to have on critical projects.

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
I agree, they shouls have had a better explaination of the graph. At first I thought that they were showing the amount of heat TRANSFERED (or taken away) instead of the resultant core temp. Also, why did they list a dBa reader in the "other tools" section and then never mention anything about the noise?

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

cprfan

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002
I'm confused by the graphs for the Innovatek and Swiftech water coolers. The best Innovatek cooler runs 8 degrees cooler than the air cooler in the article, and that is at maximum power. The Innovatek is only 2-3 degrees cooler than the Swiftech. Are these differences worth getting excited about?
If the Swiftech rad had been a different one or even had a fan on it, the results would have been much better for the Swiftech kit.

I also think Swiftech's waterblock could use an improvement in the form of some ridges or other forms of fins cast into the base instead of being "flat".

G

Well a couple of degrees is considered a "slaughter", especially when considering one kit didn't even use a fan on a radiator. In addition no pics of the install showing they even USED the products, and no real data other than a couple of uninterpreted graphs. Is it necessary to state the company that SLAUGHTERED the other by a few degrees was a German company? are there any other conclusions that can be drawn?

laughable