Cannot delete printer port Windows server 2003 standard

Hi.

I added a TCP/IP printer port for a Savin 2515 on my Win2k3 server. I
decided to use IPP printing instead for this printer and now i cannot
delete the printer now that i have deleted its port.

The error it is returning doesn't tell me much....

"Printer cannot be removed. Operation cannot be completed."

Please help.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot delete printer port windows server 2003 standard

    Try stopping the printer spooler and ensure there was nothing in the print
    queue.

    Also see Bruce Sanderson's article at:
    www.coribright.com

    "jblaze" <johnnyham@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I added a TCP/IP printer port for a Savin 2515 on my Win2k3 server. I
    > decided to use IPP printing instead for this printer and now i cannot
    > delete the printer now that i have deleted its port.
    >
    > The error it is returning doesn't tell me much....
    >
    > "Printer cannot be removed. Operation cannot be completed."
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks.

Windows Server 2003 Printers Windows XP