Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Fullscreen and mouse problem in Battlefield 3

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 15, 2012 5:06:51 PM

When I run the game in full screen, the mouse does not work in menu and HUD is not displayed when playing.When I play it in windowed mode,it runs well.I disabled Windows Aero also,the problem persists.
July 15, 2012 9:01:24 PM

specs?
m
0
l
July 16, 2012 5:47:44 AM

HEXiT said:
specs?

Core i3 2120 Intel HD Graphics 2000 8 GB ram
m
0
l
Related resources
July 16, 2012 5:48:11 AM

HEXiT said:
specs?

Core i3 2120 Intel HD Graphics 2000 8 GB ram
m
0
l
July 16, 2012 5:48:38 AM

HEXiT said:
specs?

Core i3 2120 Intel HD Graphics 2000 8 GB ram
m
0
l
July 16, 2012 6:20:37 AM

Reattempt the windows and reinstall the game ...... it will work !
m
0
l
July 16, 2012 7:11:19 AM

arslan94 said:
Reattempt the windows and reinstall the game ...... it will work !

What do you mean by reattempt the windows?
m
0
l
July 16, 2012 11:42:14 AM

I didn't think Battlefield 3 supported Intel HD.. guess I was wrong.
m
0
l
July 16, 2012 6:44:02 PM

i have this too, also i didnt think that it supported intel HD... guess i was wrong
m
0
l
July 17, 2012 6:43:40 AM

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Please tell me.
m
0
l
July 18, 2012 12:24:06 AM

your way way under spec to be playing at full screen. the hd 2000 is just 1 step above integrated gfx on the old dual core systems. in other words its good for video and basic gaming but you need a gfx card not a video card for high end gaming.
2120 will work well with a 560ti on bf3 single player but will struggle regardless of gfx on multiplayer as bf3 prefers 4 true cores over 3 virtual 1s.
but lack of decent gfx is the biggest problem you have.
m
0
l
July 22, 2012 11:34:58 AM

When I run the game in full screen, the mouse does not work in menu and HUD is not displayed when playing.When I play it in windowed mode,it runs well.I disabled Windows Aero also,the problem persists.
i have the same problem.
Core i7 2630qm 2.9 GHz
8GB 1333MHz DDR3
2GB RADEON HD 6770M
HDTV 1080p
m
0
l
October 27, 2012 11:35:08 AM

To fix the problem, download realmware bf3 tools.
m
0
l
October 27, 2012 11:35:18 AM

Best answer selected by Yash007.
m
0
l
April 5, 2013 12:08:40 PM

Yash007 said:
When I run the game in full screen, the mouse does not work in menu and HUD is not displayed when playing.When I play it in windowed mode,it runs well.I disabled Windows Aero also,the problem persists.



i had this prob but i solved it got to d place where u installed d game open d folder right click on bf3.exe and go to compatibility click on "disable desktop composition" and change the compatibility mode for windows to "vista service pack 2"
m
0
l
June 23, 2013 3:38:34 AM

HEXiT said:
your way way under spec to be playing at full screen. the hd 2000 is just 1 step above integrated gfx on the old dual core systems. in other words its good for video and basic gaming but you need a gfx card not a video card for high end gaming.
2120 will work well with a 560ti on bf3 single player but will struggle regardless of gfx on multiplayer as bf3 prefers 4 true cores over 3 virtual 1s.
but lack of decent gfx is the biggest problem you have.


Just saying, i have 7950s in crossfire at 1ghz. I have the same problem. Lack of decent graphics? i think not.
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 10:06:42 PM

vinyasshukla said:
Yash007 said:
When I run the game in full screen, the mouse does not work in menu and HUD is not displayed when playing.When I play it in windowed mode,it runs well.I disabled Windows Aero also,the problem persists.



i had this prob but i solved it got to d place where u installed d game open d folder right click on bf3.exe and go to compatibility click on "disable desktop composition" and change the compatibility mode for windows to "vista service pack 2"


DO NOT bump old threads. This is over a year old almost.
m
0
l

Best solution

August 7, 2013 9:43:07 AM

hi right click properties.in target selection add

-noborder -width 1366 height 768

if this helps you are supposed to help others with this info on another forum.
Share
August 8, 2013 3:41:22 PM

spat55 said:
vinyasshukla said:
Yash007 said:
When I run the game in full screen, the mouse does not work in menu and HUD is not displayed when playing.When I play it in windowed mode,it runs well.I disabled Windows Aero also,the problem persists.



i had this prob but i solved it got to d place where u installed d game open d folder right click on bf3.exe and go to compatibility click on "disable desktop composition" and change the compatibility mode for windows to "vista service pack 2"


DO NOT bump old threads. This is over a year old almost.


we can a post anything no matter how long the thread has been up for 
m
0
l
August 9, 2013 11:20:33 AM

pjg said:
spat55 said:
vinyasshukla said:
Yash007 said:
When I run the game in full screen, the mouse does not work in menu and HUD is not displayed when playing.When I play it in windowed mode,it runs well.I disabled Windows Aero also,the problem persists.



i had this prob but i solved it got to d place where u installed d game open d folder right click on bf3.exe and go to compatibility click on "disable desktop composition" and change the compatibility mode for windows to "vista service pack 2"


DO NOT bump old threads. This is over a year old almost.


we can a post anything no matter how long the thread has been up for 


Go and ask mousemonkey...
m
0
l
August 13, 2013 1:53:47 PM

Guys, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled bf3 and its working perfectly now.
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 8:54:57 AM

Yash007 said:
When I run the game in full screen, the mouse does not work in menu and HUD is not displayed when playing.When I play it in windowed mode,it runs well.I disabled Windows Aero also,the problem persists.


Finnaly If u face any problems in any condition first you try your own experience if u cant make it thrn go to google and google your prob lol
So my problem was i get my mouse pointer in bf 3 menu with movement but not with click so i tried many solutions but doest work huffy
Then From what I have read this is apparantly a bug in the latest patch for the game as there seem to be alot of people having the same issue with the mouse not working correctly in the menu on fullscreen.
I am hopeful that Dice will fix that problem in a new patch. However what you can try to do for now is to right click on bf3.exe or the shortcut on your desktop and then go to the "compability tab" and then check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" box and save.
Hopefully that will work. If not you could have a look at this page: Mouse problem - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 3 and see if some of the players solution there will help.
If not then u Press Alt + Tab And switch to desktop then so now u have a icon of running battlefield 3 in taskbar so continue your game by click on that icon and now u got it Hope this works for every one [This solution only work When you check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings]
And one Solution is more if all of the above is not working then u play game in windowed mode by pressing Alt + Enter Button And adjust your window as u wish [This solution only work When you check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings]
Best Of Luck Bye
m
0
l
May 9, 2014 8:39:52 AM

i know that you have a problem . It was frustrating to play in windowed mode but THE FIX IS .." Change the screen resolution of the game in video settings(less your the maximum resolution) of battlefield 3. my recomeneded resolution is 1280 X 720. it will fix the problem
m
0
l
July 6, 2014 12:35:51 AM

Yash007 said:
When I run the game in full screen, the mouse does not work in menu and HUD is not displayed when playing.When I play it in windowed mode,it runs well.I disabled Windows Aero also,the problem persists.


Following worked for me....
1. Create shortcut of the game on your desktop.
2. Right click->Properties.
3. In the dialog box, select 'Shortcut' tab.
4. Under 'Run' menu, select 'Maximized' option from the drop down list.
5. Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.
6. Now you are good to go....

Always launch the game using this shortcut.
This solved the problem of unresponsive mouse for me.
Now check the video resolution in the game... change it to suit your needs.
Don't disable Windows Aero Peek (if that is what you are talking about)..... I actually like the feel of it. :) 
m
0
l
!