Printing stops after 5:00 PM

peter

Hello, I have 20 Windows XP Pro SP1 Workstations connected
to a Windows 2000 SP4 Server. Users are able to print
until 5:00 PM; however, shortly after 5:00, print jobs are
no longer routed to the printer, and the users need to log
off of the network to get print jobs to be sent to the
queue. The Printer is a HP Laserjet 5SI. There are no time
of day restrictions on the network. I have tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the printers. Also, this
worked fine under Windows 98 that we just upgraded from.

Thanks
Peter

Just a guess since I don't have a W2K server here, but I've seen this with
WinXP. It might be a bit different under W2K, but you might try this: Go
to the properties for the printer in question and check the Advanced tab.
In WinXP there is an option for printer availability where a specific time
of day "from-to" can be set. Come to think of it, check this setting on
the XP client machines as well. There does not appear to be an obvious way
for an administrator to prevent a user from accidentally setting this time
of day limit, but I could be wrong. :-\

Paul

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:07:25 -0700, "Peter" <pcompagno@dhhmcpa.com> wrote:

>Hello, I have 20 Windows XP Pro SP1 Workstations connected
>to a Windows 2000 SP4 Server. Users are able to print
>until 5:00 PM; however, shortly after 5:00, print jobs are
>no longer routed to the printer, and the users need to log
>off of the network to get print jobs to be sent to the
>queue. The Printer is a HP Laserjet 5SI. There are no time
>of day restrictions on the network. I have tried
>uninstalling and reinstalling the printers. Also, this
>worked fine under Windows 98 that we just upgraded from.
>
>Thanks
>Peter

----
Paul Hurley
Caliban Computing
http://www.Caliban.com/
Spam resistant return email address.

peter

Paul, I checked this setting for the printer; however, the
printer on the server and workstation was set to "Always
Available". Could it be something else? It seems that the
network access in general is lost for the users. Thanks
for the reply.

Peter