Auto forward received FAX via email

Does anyone know how I can automatically forward received
faxes using the XP FAX utility to an email address?

Scenario: a) MS XP FAX function receives a FAX, then b)
it forwards the received file as an attachment to an
email to an specified address, then c) I open my email
and see the FAX as an attachment.
7 answers Last reply
More about auto forward received email

    You can't use forward with faxes. And you can only forward email as faxes
    using rules in Outlook.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Jim O" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how I can automatically forward received
    > faxes using the XP FAX utility to an email address?
    >
    > Scenario: a) MS XP FAX function receives a FAX, then b)
    > it forwards the received file as an attachment to an
    > email to an specified address, then c) I open my email
    > and see the FAX as an attachment.

    As Russ notes, you can't do this from the Windows fax service. There
    are a number of 3rd party commercial fax programs which can do it,
    however, and there are commercial services which will automatically
    convert and forward faxes sent to an assigned number to your email
    address.

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:11:22 -0700, "Jim O"

    >Does anyone know how I can automatically forward received
    >faxes using the XP FAX utility to an email address?
    >
    >Scenario: a) MS XP FAX function receives a FAX, then b)
    >it forwards the received file as an attachment to an
    >email to an specified address, then c) I open my email
    >and see the FAX as an attachment.

    Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
    Peter R. Fletcher

    where I could find some product reviews on the FAX
    utilities you mention. I use JFAX today, but a local
    number requires a subscription of 10 bucks a month. So
    I'm looking for a do-it-yourself function using my
    machine.

    I realize you might not want to recomend a specific
    product, but maybe you know of another discussion group
    or web site with specific FAX utility product reviews?

    Again, thanks for the info!

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:44:16 -0700, "Jim O"

    If you do a Google search on "fax server software", you will get a
    fair number of relevant leads. Converting the received fax into an
    email attachment and/or message is the first step that most network
    fax servers perform when a fax comes in. Once it is in that format it
    can be sent anywhere (not just to the local network), so a fax server
    should solve your problem even if you don't have a local network!

    Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
    Peter R. Fletcher
  5. If you use the MS Fax Console, you can use automailer freeware
    to send new files from you fax folder automatically via email
  6. Quote:

    Does anyone know how I can automatically forward received
    faxes using the XP FAX utility to an email address?

    Scenario: a) MS XP FAX function receives a FAX, then b)
    it forwards the received file as an attachment to an
    email to an specified address, then c) I open my email
    and see the FAX as an attachment.

    Use a Symantec WinFax
  7. Joy Fax Server allows you to send and receive faxes in a network environment by using a public phone line. It includes the following benefits:

    Automatic fax routing
    Fax to Email, Fax2Email
    Allows to notify the sender by e-mail when fax sent
    Adobe PDF to fax without Adobe Reader
    Public Address Book
    Read Tracking

    http://www.joyfax.com