Auto forward received FAX via email

October 7, 2004 11:11:22 PM

Does anyone know how I can automatically forward received
faxes using the XP FAX utility to an email address?

Scenario: a) MS XP FAX function receives a FAX, then b)
it forwards the received file as an attachment to an
email to an specified address, then c) I open my email
and see the FAX as an attachment.
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 1:56:48 AM

You can't use forward with faxes. And you can only forward email as faxes
using rules in Outlook.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jim O" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can automatically forward received
> faxes using the XP FAX utility to an email address?
>
> Scenario: a) MS XP FAX function receives a FAX, then b)
> it forwards the received file as an attachment to an
> email to an specified address, then c) I open my email
> and see the FAX as an attachment.
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 5:52:17 PM

As Russ notes, you can't do this from the Windows fax service. There
are a number of 3rd party commercial fax programs which can do it,
however, and there are commercial services which will automatically
convert and forward faxes sent to an assigned number to your email
address.

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:11:22 -0700, "Jim O"

>Does anyone know how I can automatically forward received
>faxes using the XP FAX utility to an email address?
>
>Scenario: a) MS XP FAX function receives a FAX, then b)
>it forwards the received file as an attachment to an
>email to an specified address, then c) I open my email
>and see the FAX as an attachment.

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher
October 9, 2004 12:44:16 PM

where I could find some product reviews on the FAX
utilities you mention. I use JFAX today, but a local
number requires a subscription of 10 bucks a month. So
I'm looking for a do-it-yourself function using my
machine.

I realize you might not want to recomend a specific
product, but maybe you know of another discussion group
or web site with specific FAX utility product reviews?

Again, thanks for the info!
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 11:32:23 PM

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:44:16 -0700, "Jim O"

If you do a Google search on "fax server software", you will get a
fair number of relevant leads. Converting the received fax into an
email attachment and/or message is the first step that most network
fax servers perform when a fax comes in. Once it is in that format it
can be sent anywhere (not just to the local network), so a fax server
should solve your problem even if you don't have a local network!

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher
December 2, 2009 1:53:48 AM

If you use the MS Fax Console, you can use automailer freeware
to send new files from you fax folder automatically via email
April 13, 2012 4:12:04 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know how I can automatically forward received
faxes using the XP FAX utility to an email address?

Scenario: a) MS XP FAX function receives a FAX, then b)
it forwards the received file as an attachment to an
email to an specified address, then c) I open my email
and see the FAX as an attachment.

Use a Symantec WinFax
June 13, 2012 1:51:37 PM

Joy Fax Server allows you to send and receive faxes in a network environment by using a public phone line. It includes the following benefits:

Automatic fax routing
Fax to Email, Fax2Email
Allows to notify the sender by e-mail when fax sent
Adobe PDF to fax without Adobe Reader
Public Address Book
Read Tracking

http://www.joyfax.com