ZA confliting with F-secure

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
April 11, 2004 9:45:40 AM

I had F-secure installed but it wouldn't work with zone alarm so I
uninstalled it. Prob is, now ZA won't work, al I gt is a system error,
please reboot. I've done this, uninstalled it and reinstalled it etc etc
None of the regular software detectors can find anything so I assume it's
hidden in the registry. Any ideas how I can resolve this as I don't have a
firewall at the mo!
(I have used an alternative version of ZA but stil no luck)

thanks

More about : confliting secure

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 12, 2004 2:23:03 PM

cliff pooley wrote:

> I had F-secure installed but it wouldn't work with zone alarm so I
> uninstalled it. Prob is, now ZA won't work, al I gt is a system error,
> please reboot. I've done this, uninstalled it and reinstalled it etc etc
> None of the regular software detectors can find anything so I assume it's
> hidden in the registry. Any ideas how I can resolve this as I don't have a
> firewall at the mo!
> (I have used an alternative version of ZA but stil no luck)
>
> thanks

If these are both firewalls, I'd recommend not running two firewalls at the
same time.

--
Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned.
-- Milton Friedman