Powercolor GeForce 2 MX 400

G

Well here's the lowdown.

I am running Windows XP, the latest Nvidia drivers, and have a powercolor GeForce2MX 400 with TV out card. I have added the Coolbits Reg file to my registry. Now, when I goto Enable Clock Adjustments, it restarts my computer. I then go back and adjust the timing of my GPU and click on test and then apply. I also click on Apply On Startup. I come back to the clock adjustment menu when I reload and it is back to the factory default. I also can not adjust my Memory Clock Frequency at all. It ranges from 0 to 100 MHZ, but it doesnt matter because the settings are not taking effect. If I click on Adjust Clock Frequency's again (it is now unchecked), the GPU goes back to 200MHZ and the Memory Is At 351 MHZ (175.66 really).

I tried to update the bios and hack it so that I can just have it permanently in the overclocked in the bios but I can't find a bios utility to use for it. nvFlash don't work.

Thanks Ray for the speedy reply.

cheers,

Don Muraco

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Hmm you get the windows 2000 reg hack ? as that works for XP with the latest drivers !
I dunno what the issue is, I did the same thing with my Geforce 2 and it worked absolutely fine... still does

How unusual

by latest I presume you mean 23.11 ?

Tim

I am Homer of Borg ! Prepare to be... MMMhhhhh Doughnuts

G

I have the windows 2000 hack. And I have 23.11 drivers. I really don't know what the issue is. I can't figure it out. When I change the clock MHZ with Coolbits, does it change any registry value? If so, does anyone know what registry value it is.

Thanks for the help Tim. :)

-Don Muraco

G

hey i got the same prob on one my PCs too...anybody out there care to offer an explanation???

8-0